Thank you to Dr. Todd Zakrajsek, Coach Bill Snyder, the FETE Advisory Board, co-chairs Kim Williams and Cathie Lavis, our Welcome speakers, Rapid Fire presenters, and thank YOU - for making this event a phenomenal success!! Video of the Rapid Fire presentations and Todd's keynotes + workshop are coming soon!
Keynote Handout #1: Overcoming Apathy and Creating Excitement in the Classroom (PDF)
Keynote Handout #2: Enhancing Student Learning: Emerging Research and Innovative Strategies (PDF)
Workshop Handout: Three Research Findings and Two Activities that Will Change the Way You Teach (PDF)
More photos from Friday! via K-State Photo Services
S4 Program Schedule (PDF)
Here's what people are saying about the event:
- The conference was a great success!
- Truly enjoyed the workshop on Friday and Saturday. I was amazed at the number of colleagues who also attended, many who are well known scholars of teaching! Speaks highly of you and your staff and the motivation at KSU! Well done!
- Thank you – things went exceedingly well. Todd deserves the acclaim – no question. I’m so glad to hear that perhaps many more K-Staters are finally energized enough in the area of “best practices in teaching and learning” so that it will become entrenched as a long-term permanent movement.
- You knocked it out of the park! The whole experience was beyond exceptional. Thank you for taking me along.
- I wanted you to know that I thought (the) event was amazing. I heard nothing but excellent comments. … I just wanted you to know that as the young kids would say, “You rocked it!” on Friday and Saturday.
- What a remarkable event! If the feedback from my colleagues is a guide, then both the rapid fire sessions and Todd’s sessions were a tremendous success. I enjoyed Friday’s events immensely and wish I had been able to come on Saturday – You have all raised the bar very, very high for the future of the annual teaching retreat!
- I want to congratulate you and your staff and FETE on the planning and execution of the event yesterday and today. Well done! The speaker was quite effective .. he shared useful ideas in so many ways.
- My wife and I attended the event and we were so pleased with it. My wife is learning a great deal. You did a wonderful job organizing and hosting the event. Congratulations.
- You deserve many accolades for two great teaching workshops. I (have) been here a long time, but the last two workshops have been wonderful... I felt you guys put together an inspiring, well organized, exciting event. Thank you and I look forward to more great things from all of you. You have reset the bar!
- I’m still on an S4 high after an amazing 2 days! After listening to Todd and the Rapid Fire (presenters), it affirmed that I’m indeed in the right field (psychology, teaching, and learning) all the things I love. Thanks again!
- Thank you so much for your vision and leadership for the S4 Teaching Workshop. What a tremendous success. I have heard nothing but positive feedback.
- While fresh from the glow of S4, I wanted to tell you how much I enjoyed the last two days.
- Thanks again to you and your staff for making our annual Teaching Retreat a smashing success!
About Dr. Zakrajsek
Todd Zakrajsek, Associate Professor, Department of Family Medicine,University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill and the immediate past Executive Director of the Center for Faculty Excellence at UNC. Todd has also served as the Inaugural Director of the Faculty Center for Innovative Teaching at Central Michigan University and the founding Director of the Center for Teaching and Learning at Southern Oregon University. Todd currently directs two Lilly Conferences on College and University Teaching and Learning. He has published and presented widely on the topic of student learning, including workshops and conference keynote addresses in 38 states and 7 countries.
Check out Dr. Zakrajsek's video for the Center for Teaching Excellence at UNC, below: