1st International Symposium on Innovative Teaching and Learning (September 26 - 27, 2017)
What is the International Symposium on Innovative Teaching and Learning?
Our Symposium is a two-day meeting focusing on teaching excellence in higher education. Through workshops, presentations, panel discussions, and observations, attendees will immerse themselves in learning what it means to be a great collegiate teacher. Also included in this Symposium will be a collaboration and sharing of ideas and practices about teaching and learning between professors in Chinese Universities and universities in the US. The peer-reviewed papers and poster presentations will be included in a publication from New Prairie Press. Those who attend will receive a certificate of participation. It is our goal that after the symposium, participants will return to their colleges and universities and share information which will ultimately make a positive impact on student learning.
Why should you come?
- Learning about innovative trends in education applicable to many curricular areas in higher education.
- Listening to experts discuss their work in higher education.
- Establishing collaborations with new colleagues from the Symposium resulting in publications, possibly shared research opportunities and continued partnerships in higher education.
- Sharing best practices and research findings in collegiate teaching.
- Understanding the general teaching theories, pedagogies and using them in your particular specialties.
- Presenting and engaging with colleagues from other cultures with possible publication.
- Networking opportunities with professional colleagues from other universities.
- Receiving a certificate of participation and professional development at the close of the Symposium.
- Being part of an exciting global learning experience for teachers at universities in China and the US.
Who should attend?
- Graduate Students
- Government officials involved in education
- Anyone interested in improving and furthering the impact of colleges and universities in our countries.
Submit Proposal Here
- The deadline for submissions is July 28th (FRI), 2017, at 11:59 p.m. Central Standard Time USA.
- Final program schedule will be published on August 1st 2017.
3. The hotel fee --- $100 per night, and it includes a breakfast each morning.
Here is reservation information for the group block at the Bluemont Hotel:
- 1. Call the hotel reservation line at 785-473-7091 (press 0) and ask for “KSU TEACH & LEARN.”
- 2. Online reservations:
- Go to www.bluemonthotel.com
- Click on BOOK NOW (upper right corner)
- Click on CLICK HERE FOR GROUP RESERVATIONS (also upper right corner)
- Enter the Group ID: TEAC0917 / password: ksu
- Enter the correct arrival/departure date and make their reservation.
- NOTE: if the guest is coming/going before or after the contracted dates, they will not be able to reserve online. Only the contracted dates are allowable online.
(BE SURE to provide your 1. Name, 2. E-mail Address 3. Mailing Address)
Teaching & Learning Center
206 Anderson Hall, 919 Mid-Campus Drive North, Manhattan, KS 66506