Apply for Scholarships and Financial Aid
How to Apply for Study Abroad Scholarships
- Visit our webpage at k-state.edu/studyabroad/funding/scholarships.html.
- Click on Study Abroad Scholarships List and Studio Abroad will open in a new window.
- Choose the " OIP (Office of International Programs) Study Abroad Scholarships Application"
- Click Apply Now
- Log in with your K-State eID if you are a registered K-State student, faculty member, or staff member; or create an account using the User Identification wizard if you are not registered with K-State.
- Choose the term when you wish to use a scholarship. Choose the term in which you are traveling.
- Click on the Scholarships Application form under the Application Questionnairesbox.
- Enter the name of your study abroad program (the way it is listed on Studio Abroad) and the country to which you will travel.
- Select whether you are eligible for a Pell Grant using the drop-down menu.
- Explain any extenuating financial circumstances that have prompted you to apply for a scholarship. Please keep this section brief.
- Fill out the two scholarship essays. You may save and return to your application at any time.
- Choose scholarships from the menu. To select multiple options, hold down Ctrl/Command and click on the desired options. We strongly encourage you to apply all of the scholarships you are eligible for!
- Submit your scholarship application. You will not be able to make any changes after you click Submit.
How to Apply for Federal Financial Aid
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). If you choose a summer study abroad program, you also need to complete the Summer Financial Aid Application.
- Once your online study abroad application is in the Committed phase, your Study Abroad Advisor will provide you with a cost summary for your program, with you both must sign. Once the cost summary is signed, your Study Abroad Advisor will send it to the Office of Student Financial Assistance.
- Set up an appointment with Dyan Marie (email@example.com) in the Office of Student Financial Assistance. She can assist you with any additional financial aid questions you may have.
- You will receive a notification on your K-State student iSIS account if there is a change in the amount of financial aid that you are awarded.
- Make all necessary arrangements to receive your financial aid. To simplify this process, we highly recommend that you register for your eRefund on iSIS and/or that a parent or guardian applies for the Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) with the Cashier’s Office.