Health and Safety
Whether you are advising a study abroad student or leading a faculty-led program, we strongly encourage you to review the below links to become more familiar with health and safety topics prior to your student's or your program abroad.
- K-State Lafene Travel Clinic
- K-State Counseling Services
- U.S. Department of State
- International Travel Warnings and Alerts
- Country Profiles
- U.S. Embassy Information
- Emergency Assistance to Americans Abroad
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Overseas Security Advisory Council
- Safety Abroad First - Educational Travel Information Clearinghouse Project (SAFETI)
International Health Insurance
It is highly recommended that faculty or staff traveling abroad obtain international health insurance, since many health insurance plans (including most of those offered by the State of Kansas) do not cover important costs that could be incurred while traveling abroad. These include Emergency Medical Evacuation, Repatriation of Remains, a Family Assistance Benefit, a Bereavement Reunion Benefit and Worldwide Travel Assistance.
The Study Abroad Office is able to offer international health insurance coverage for these items to faculty and staff traveling on KSU business. To view the insurance policy, click here. To purchase this insurance, please complete the online insurance request form:
- Click on the link above, or go to https://ksu.studioabroad.com/?go=insurance
- Click on "Apply Now"
- Choose the term during which you will be traveling abroad, the location(s) of travel,
and the dates of travel, and click "Apply"
- NOTE: If your location is not listed, please choose another city in the same country, as the country of travel is what is most important.
Current prices for services, appointments or additional information may be obtained by calling 785-532-5990
Once the online form has been submitted and payment has been received in the Study Abroad Office, we will submit the information to T.W. Lord & Associates. A few days after we have submitted the information, you should receive an email (to your KSU email account) from T.W. Lord & Associates confirming your enrollment in the insurance plan. The email will include an insurance verification letter and ID card for you to print and carry with you while abroad.
If you have any questions regarding the form or payment, or need to change your dates of enrollment, please contact email@example.com.