1. K-State home
  2. »OIP
  3. »Study Abroad
  4. »Emergency Contacts

Study Abroad

Emergency Contacts

In-country contacts

To view a listing of U.S.A. Embassies and Consulates around the world, please visit http://www.usembassy.gov/

To view international "911" and emergency numbers, please visit http://www.sccfd.org/travel.html


Kansas State University Study Abroad Office

True emergencies are actually quite rare. While losing luggage, tickets, or even a passport is inconvenient, they are not emergencies. Emergencies are situations in which there is an immediate threat to a person's health and/or safety. An emergency is an occurrence or situation that poses a genuine and sometimes immediate risk to the health and well-being of program participants.

In case of a true emergency please call:
During business hours (M-F, 8:00am - 6:00pm), the Study Abroad Office at 1-785-532-5990
During non-business hours, the 24-hour emergency line: 1-785-532-5494

In the case of a minor emergency or inconvenience, please call the Study Abroad Office at 1-785-532-5990 or email overseas@ksu.edu

T.W. Lord Study Abroad Insurance

All Kansas State University students participating on  a study abroad program are required to have International Health Insurance that offers Worldwide Travel Asssistance.  

Many students who participate on Kansas State University Study Abroad Programs will have international health insurance through T.W. Lord & Associates.  Their contact information is as follows:

Phone: 770-427-2461
Toll-free: 1-800-633-2360 (will not work internationally)
Fax: 770-429-0638

T.W. Lord Insurance Policy

Calling overseas

To call from the U.S. to another country (except Canada),  dial 011 – Country Code – area code – phone number.

To find any country code or area code and time zone, visit www.countrycallingcodes.com