Once you have chosen a specific program, follow these instructions to complete your K-State application:
1. Click on Apply for a Program, which will open StudioAbroad, our program database, in a new window.
2. Search for the program to which you would like to apply.
3. Click on the name of your program.
4. Click the Apply Now button.
5. Log in with your K-State eID if you are a registered K-State student; or create an account using the User Identification Wizard if you are not registered with K-State.
6. Choose the term when you wish to study abroad.
7. If prompted, enter the requested demographic information. Your application is now in the Pending phase.
8. Complete the Material Submission(s) requests. These are documents that must be submitted to the Study Abroad Office. Click on the title of each Material Submission for more details.
9. Carefully read and digitally sign the Signature Document(s).
- If you are under the age of 18, please contact your Study Abroad Advisor.
- If you are not a registered K-State student, you must print, sign, and submit the documents to the Study Abroad Office; or submit photo identification to the Study Abroad Office in order to be able to sign the documents digitally.
10. Complete the Application Questionnaire(s).
The First Phase of Your K-State Study Abroad Application is Now Complete
To return to your online application, visit our website at k-state.edu/studyabroad and click on the Application Login button on the far right. From your applicant homepage, click on the name of the program you would like to view in the Applications section.
11. Wait for an acceptance decision from the Study Abroad Office.
- For most programs: A Study Abroad Advisor will review your application. If it is complete and you meet all requirements, your application will be changed to the Accepted phase, and you will receive an acceptance letter via e-mail. To finalize your K-State Study Abroad application, you must click on the Commit button. Your application will then be in the Committed phase, and you will be charged a non-refundable $150 administrative fee on your iSIS account.
- For faculty-led and some special programs: The faculty leader will review your application and notify the Study Abroad Office if you are approved to participate on the program. If your application is complete and you meet all requirements, your application will be changed to the Committed phase, and you will receive an acceptance letter via e-mail.
12. Once you have been accepted to a program, there will be more application items. Complete the additional Material Submission(s), Signature Document(s), and Questionnaire(s). If applicable, also complete the Assessment.
Download the How to Apply for a Program flyer (PDF)