Do Your Part for Residence Hall Safety
Your residence hall is your home away from home. That’s why K-State has taken many steps to keep it safe: security-card system for after-hours access, staff members on duty around the clock, educational programs to help build a closer community, and more. But just because you don’t have to do your own cooking doesn’t mean you’ve signed on for responsibility-free living.
Ways to preserve the safety of your hall
• Get to know your neighbors.
• Lock your doors every time you leave, no matter how long you plan to be gone.
• Report any suspicious activity to the front desk.
• Keep your ID card with you at all times for identification.
• Don’t leave exterior doors propped open when locked.
• Don’t let suspicious people into the halls.
• Don’t tamper with fire extinguishers or alarm systems.
• Don’t allow people to follow you into the hall after you unlock the door.