Federal Direct Parent PLUS Loan Master Promissory Note
Financing a higher educational experience is an investment in your student's future. If parents decide to utilize the Federal Direct Parent PLUS Loan in meeting their higher educational costs, a clear understanding of rights and responsibilities, as a parent-borrower, is critical to managing personal finances.
Consequently, all first-time Federal Direct Parent PLUS Loan borrowers must complete an online entrance counseling session and Master Promissory Note (MPN).
Federal Direct Parent PLUS Loans will not be applied to the student's K-State eBill until a valid MPN has been completed and submitted.
The parent who completes and submits the Federal Direct Parent PLUS Loan Application is the parent who completes and submits the MPN.
Complete and submit the Federal Direct Parent PLUS Loan Master Promissory Note
- Go to https://studentloans.gov
- Click on Sign In, under Manage My Direct Loan.
- Enter your (parent's) Social Security Number, First Two (2) Characters of your Last Name, Date of Birth, and Federal PIN and click Sign In.
- Select the language you prefer.
- Choose to receive electronic correspondence.
- Enter and confirm your Email Address, then click Save and Continue.
- Click Complete Master Promissory Note.
- Click Parent PLUS.
- Read and follow the steps as outlined on the screens to complete your Master Promissory Note.
After the Federal Direct Parent PLUS Loan MPN is complete, any future Federal Direct Parent PLUS Loan offers at Kansas State University will be associated with the original MPN for up to 10 years.
If parents do not have access to the Internet to complete the online Federal Direct Parent PLUS Loan MPN, they should contact the K-State Office of Student Financial Assistance to request a paper MPN. Completing and submitting a paper Master Promissory Note may delay the disbursement of the loan because the MPN will be mailed to the Federal Student Loan Support Center for review and approval.
The Parent PLUS Information Request and Parent PLUS Promissory Note “To Do List” items in the student’s iSIS Student Center will be removed within 2-3 business days after both items have been completed and submitted.