Federal Direct Graduate PLUS Loan Entrance Counseling and Master Promissory Note
Financing a higher educational experience is an investment in your future. If students decide to utilize the Federal Direct Graduate PLUS Loan in meeting their higher educational costs, a clear understanding of rights and responsibilities, as a loan borrower, is critical to managing personal finances.
Consequently, all first-time Federal Direct Graduate PLUS loan borrowers must complete an online entrance counseling session and Master Promissory Note (MPN).The Federal Direct Graduate PLUS Loan will not be applied to the student's K-State eBill until he or she has completed the Entrance Counseling Session and the Federal Direct Graduate PLUS Loan Master Promissory Note (MPN).
Complete and submit the Federal Direct Graduate PLUS Loan Entrance Counseling Session and Master Promissory Note
- Go to https://studentloans.gov
- Click on Sign In, under Manage My Direct Loan.
- Enter your Social Security Number, First Two (2) Characters of your Last Name, Date of Birth, and Federal PIN and click Sign In.
- Select the language you prefer.
- Choose to receive electronic correspondence.
- Enter and confirm your E-mail Address, then click Save and Continue.
- Click on Complete Counseling.
- Click Start within the Entrance Counseling option.
- Select Kansas for School State and Kansas State University for School Name, and then click Add School.
- Select your Student Type, and then click Continue.
- Read the content of the Entrance Counseling session and answer the questions.
- Read the Borrower's Rights and Responsibilities, and then click Continue.
- Submit Entrance Counseling and print the Counseling Completion Confirmation page for your records.
- Click on You can submit a MPN.
- Click Graduate PLUS.
- Read and follow the steps as outlined on the screens to complete your Master Promissory Note.
- Please have names and addresses of two different references readily available. The Federal Student Loan Support Center is able to assist you if you encounter any problems while completing the MPN at 1-800-557-7394 (within the menu options, select 2, and then select 4).
After the Entrance Counseling Session and the MPN are complete, any future Federal Direct Graduate PLUS Loan offers accepted at Kansas State University will be associated with the original MPN for up to 10 years.
If students do not have access to the Internet to complete their online Federal Direct Graduate PLUS Loan MPN, they should contact the OSFA to request a paper MPN. Please understand that completing and submitting a paper MPN may delay the disbursement of the loan because the MPN will be mailed to the Federal Student Loan Support Center for review and approval.
The Graduate PLUS Information Request and Graduate PLUS Promissory Note “To Do List” items in the student's Student Center within iSIS will be removed in two business days after both items have been completed and submitted.