Federal Direct Loan Entrance Counseling Session and Master Promissory Note
After students accept a Federal Direct Subsidized or Unsubsidized Loan as part of their financial aid award package, our office will continue the loan process by submitting the accepted Federal Direct Loan information to the Federal Common Origination and Disbursement (COD) system for origination. However, for first-time borrowers, an entrance counseling session is required and a valid master promissory note (MPN) must also be on file with the COD before our office can make any Federal Direct Loan disbursements to students.
After first-time borrowers have successfully completed their entrance counseling session and MPN, any future Federal Direct Loan offers that students choose to accept will be linked to their original, completed MPN. This MPN is valid for up to 10 years from the date the first loan disbursement was made.
Federal Direct Loan(s) will not be applied to student's K-State eBills until they have completed the Entrance Counseling Session and MPN.
Complete and submit the Federal Direct Loan Entrance Counseling Session and Master Promissory Note
- Go to https://studentloans.gov
- Click on Sign In, under Manage My Direct Loan.
- Enter your Social Security Number, First Two (2) Characters of your Last Name, Date of Birth, and FSA ID and click Sign In.
- Select the language you prefer.
- Choose to receive electronic correspondence.
- Enter and confirm your E-mail Address, then click Save and Continue.
- Click on Complete Counseling.
- Click Start within the Entrance Counseling option.
- Select Kansas for School State and Kansas State University for School Name, and then click Add School.
- Select your Student Type, and then click Continue.
- Read the content of the Entrance Counseling session and answer the questions.
- Read the Borrower's Rights and Responsibilities, and then click Continue.
- Submit Entrance Counseling and print the Counseling Completion Confirmation page for your records.
- Click on Complete MPN, under the Master Promissory Note heading within the menu options on the left side of the screen.
- Click on Subsidized/Unsubsidized.
- Read and follow the steps as outlined on the screens to complete your MPN.
- Please have names and addresses of two different references readily available. The Federal Student Loan Support Center is able to assist you if you encounter any problems while completing the MPN at 1-800-557-7394 (within the menu options, select 2, and then select 4).
If students do not have access to the Internet to complete their online Federal Direct Loan MPN, they can contact the OSFA to request a paper MPN. Students must understand that completing and submitting a paper MPN may delay the disbursement of their loan(s) because the MPN will be mailed to the Federal Student Loan Support Center for review and approval.
The Loan Entrance Counseling and MPN “To Do List” items in the student's Student Center within iSIS will be removed in two business days after both items are complete and submitted.