There are BIG changes to the financial aid application process beginning with the 2017-2018 academic year! The infographic below summarizes the changes best.
The 2017-2018 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) will:
- Be available October 1, 2016
- Utilize 2015 federal tax information
- Allow you to import 2015 tax information using the IRS Data Retrieval Tool (DRT) CURRENTLY UNAVAILABLE
What are the benefits of using the IRS DRT? (CURRENTLY UNAVAILABLE)
- No need to locate your tax return and enter in all those numbers yourself
- May reduce the chance that our office will need additional documentation
One thing that remains the same - March 1 will continue to be our priority date for the FAFSA.