Student Social Work Organization
- To network and meet other students with similar interests.
- To have fun while engaging in diverse cultural experiences.
- To help others to empower themselves.
- To seek self-empowerment through leadership opportunities.
- To reach out to the community from a social work perspective.
- Come to a meeting or activity.
- Request to be added to the SSWO listserv (email firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Contact the advisor, or any SSWO officer or member.
- Miscellaneous community volunteer projects
- Support and fun activities with single moms at Flint Hills Job Corps
- Annual Picnic
- Bowling and recreational events
- Recruiting new students into the program
- Networking and providing internal support with other SSWO members
- Experiencing group development and dynamics
- Leadership opportunities
The KSU Student Social Work Organization (SSWO) is a registered student organization with the Office of Student Activities and Services at K-State. SSWO meets bi-weekly, and is student-led--the activities and leaders are decided by the students. SSWO members are encouraged to participate according to individual needs and circumstances. Members are encouraged to pay $10 per semester for participation, but no one will be denied membership if they cannot afford the dues.
Members must be full-time students in good academic standing with the university. Membership is NOT limited to social work majors. All registered K-State students are welcome.
Meetings are every other Thursday at 4 pm.
Lorenza Lockett- Advisor
Karen Cypressi- President
Jenny Haas-Vice President
Tanya Baruth- Technology Coordinator