Phi Alpha Honor Society for Social Work
2017 - 2018
The purpose of Phi Alpha Honor Society is to provide a closer bond among student of social work and promote humanitarian goals and ideals. Phi Alpha fosters high standards of education for social workers and invites into membership those who have attained excellence in scholarship and achievement in social work.
An undergraduate student is eligible for active membership after achieving the following national minimum requirements and meeting local chapter requirements:
- Declared Social Work as a Major
- Achieved Sophomore status
- Completed 9 semester hours or 12 quarter hours of required social work courses.
- Achieved an overall grade point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Achieved a 3.25 grade point average in required social work courses
Why Should I Join Phi Alpha?
- Internationally recognized Social Work Honor Society
- Social Work’s largest Honor Society
- Lifetime membership
- Phi Alpha encourages alumni participation
- Involvement provides opportunities for grants, awards, and scholarships
- Members wear distinguished gold cords during the graduation ceremony, displaying an outward symbol of academic excellence and achievement
Phi Alpha Activities:
- Social events
- Informal networking and friendships
- Advocacy presentations
- Host guest speakers
- Encourage academic achievement
How do I get involved in Phi Alpha?
- Come to a meeting or an activity
- Request to be added to the Facebook page:
Phi Alpha Honor Society for Social Work KSU
- Contact the President: Maggie Jacobs
- Contact the advisor (Don Kurtz), or any Phi Alpha officers
Phi Alpha National Honor Society Officers:
|Madison Pascal||Vice President of Communications|
|Sarah Mize||Vice President of Finance|
|Arnoldo Ruiz||Vice President of Programming|
|Vice President of External Relations|