The Kansas State University Chapter of the Society of Automotive Engineers is dedicated to the education of students interested in the automotive or aerospace industry. By applying the knowledge you've gained from the classroom, in a real world setting, involvement in SAE enhances your engineering credentials. Each year SAE International sponsors several design competitions so students may apply concepts learned in the classroom. The chapter sponsors several activities such as speakers and educational trips to help broaden students' knowledge and interest.
The KSU SAE Chapter is mainly comprised of Mechanical Engineering students but is open to students from any major. We encourage participation from all students, from all majors.
So wait... what can we do for you? Besides building leadership experience and effective team communication, becoming a member of SAE is profitable. As a member you are entitled to many benefits under SAE International. You will receive your choice of SAE Aerospace Engineering or SAE Automotive Engineering International journal every month. For more information on the benefits, click here.
- John Opshal - SAE President
- Brett Holthaus - SAE Vice President
- Bob Reagan - SAE Secretary/Treasurer
- Eric Cunningham - SAE SGA Rep/Public Relations
- Brandon Yost - SAE Webmaster
- Joe Losito - SAE Student Council Liason
- Chris James - Aero Design Team Leader
- Justin Zielke - Baja Design Team Leader
- Eric Cunningham - Formula Team Leader
- Dr. Pacey - SAE Faculty Advisor