Parents and Family Members
The Office of the Registrar is aware that parents, spouses, or family members may have questions about their student's experience while attending Kansas State University. Many answers to these questions are available on the various pages under the Students header. However, keep in mind that the information is directed toward students. For contact information regarding the Office of the Registrar, see the staff listing page.
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I access my student's records at K-State?
The University is bound by the federal regulations of the Family Educational Rights & Privacy Act (FERPA), which is intended to protect student privacy and rights concerning educational records. K-State, and specifically the Office of the Registrar, is not allowed to release information pertaining to a student's academic record without consent of the student.
A student's record MAY be released to a third party (parents/spouse/family member) ONLY under one of the following conditions:
- The student has provided written consent
- In compliance with a subpoena
- In connection with a health or safety issue
- Submission of evidence that the parents declare the student as a dependent on their most recent Federal Income tax forms, as defined by the Internal Revenue Code of 1986, Section 152
Please note that grades are not mailed at the end of a term, and each student needs to access the K-State student system, KSIS, to view his/her grades.
How can I obtain verification that my student is attending K-State?
The Office of the Registrar can provide a Verification of Enrollment for the current term, including requests for enrollment verifications required by insurance and loan companies. Keep in mind that:
- A student's original signature is required for release of such information.
- There is no charge for a verification form, however, if you request that the form be faxed, there is a $5.00 fax charge within the continental United States.
Please visit the office at 118 Anderson Hall, Monday-Friday, 8:00 AM-5:00 PM (Central Time).
How can I pay for my student's tuition?
K-State has transitioned to electronic billing (eBill). Paper bills are no longer mailed.
Student accounts are handled by the K-State Cashier's Office. The Cashier's Office has set up an eBill Information page on their website. In order for parents to make payments, the student must first grant access to the account for the parent. A tutorial on granting access to parents is available for detailed instructions on the process.
If you do not wish to pay electronically, you may pay in person at 211 Anderson Hall, or mail payment to:Pay by Mail
Please make your check payable to "Kansas State University" (or "KSU") and send your payment to:Cashiers and Student AccountsKansas State University
211 Anderson Hall
919 Mid-Campus Drive North
Manhattan, KS 66506-0110
Please note: The above is both the Physical and Mailing Address for our office.
Please include the Students Wildcat ID number (WID).
How can my student obtain residency for fee purposes?
Resident tuition classification is determined by criteria in Kansas statutes and regulations of the Kansas Board of Regents.
A student may obtain an application and information handout online or at the Office of the Registrar, 118 Anderson Hall. This application and information handout outlines the rules and regulations pertaining to residency. The responsibility of enrolling under the proper residence classification for fee purposes is placed on the student. If there is any question concerning resident classification, it is the responsibility of the student when registering and paying fees to raise the question with the Office of the Registrar.
Please see the Residency page for additional information.
How can my student change his/her degree plan (major)?
A student should first speak with his/her academic advisor before changing his/her degree plan (major). K-State has an information page for a student who may wish to change his/her degree plan (major).
Where should my student go to update his/her demographic information?
Some information can be maintained by a student through the student information system, KSIS, while other information is maintained strictly by the Office of the Registrar. The following list will help guide a student in making changes to his/her student record:
- Changing Address/Phone Numbers: KSIS (How-to)
- Changing Name: Submit the Information Change Form to the Office of the Registrar.
- Updating Marital Status: Submit the Information Change Form to the Office of the Registrar.
- Correcting data (i.e. date of birth, gender, social security number, etc.): Submit the Information Change Form to the Office of the Registrar.
Where can I view the University's calendar?
The University Calendar is available on the web, and is a comprehensive listing of all K-State events, holidays, and deadlines.
For specific academic dates, you may wish to refer to the Academic Calendar. The Academic Calendar would display items such as the beginning and ending dates of the term, enrollment dates for a student, and drop and refund dates for full-term classes.
What if I have further questions?
Please contact the Office of the Registrar for matters related to student records.
For additional information, these offices may be able to assist you:
- Office of Admissions (Undergraduate): Getting admitted is the first step of a student's college career.
- Graduate School: For advanced study at K-State.
- Cashier's Office: Responsible for tuition/fee collection at K-State.
- Office of Student Financial Assistance: Contact their office for financial aid and scholarship information.
- Office of Student Life: A place students, parents, and staff can turn for help and guidance in times of need.
- Parents and Family Association: A way to formalize the connection between K-State and the families of our students.