In order to maintain the quality of our program for Psychology Majors, the Department of Psychological Sciences instituted the following admission requirements for our major:
1. Present evidence of having earned a cumulative GPA of at least 2.50 (on a 4 point scale) based on a minimum of 15 credit hours earned at Kansas State University and a minimum of at least 30 total credit hours (including transfer hours); OR:
2. Present evidence of 60 or more transfer credit hours from another accredited institution with a GPA of at least 2.50 (i.e., no credit hours need have been earned at Kansas State University).
Students who desire to major in Psychology at Kansas State University will be designated as Pre-psychology (PPSY) until they have met one of these requirements.
Psychology majors (PSYCH) can enroll in any and all classes offered by the Department of Psychological Sciences for which they have the prerequisites.
- Experimental Methods in Psychology (PSYCH 350)
- Cognitive Psychology (PSYCH 460)
- Principles of Learning (PSYCH 475)
- Fundamentals of Perception and Sensation (PSYCH 480)
- Advanced Social Psychology (PSYCH 605)
- Psychology of Personality (PSYCH 620).
To graduate from Kansas State University with a bachelor's degree in psychology you must fulfill the university and college requirements, all departmental course requirements, and have cumulative GPAs of at least 2.5 in both (a) all psychology courses undertaken at Kansas State University and (b) all course work undertaken at Kansas State University.