Kyle van Ittersum
Advisor: Dr. Clive Fullagar
Description of Research
My primary research is in the area of work and task engagement. Currently, I am focusing on a specific type of engagement referred to as the Flow state. Ongoing studies are investigating how to predict who is more likely to experience flow as well as when they would be likely to experience it. Additionally, our lab is interested in the methodology of using videogames and micro-worlds to study workplace phenomena in a laboratory setting.
Representative Publications & Presentations
- Culbertson, S. S., Krome, L. R., McHenry, B. J., Stetzer, M. W., & van Ittersum, K. (forthcoming). Performance appraisals: Mend them, don’t end them. In M. Paludi (Ed.), The psychology for business success. Westport, CT: Praeger Press.
- van Ittersum, K. W., & Fullagar, C. J. (2012). Psychological Capital and the Flow State. Paper presented at the 24th Annual Association of Psychological Science Convention, Chicago, Illinois, May 24-27, 2012.
- Fullagar, C. J. & van Ittersum, K. W. (2012). Flow and well-being: An experimental Approach. Paper presented at the 27th Annual Society for Industrial and Organizational Psychology Conference, San Diego, California, April 26-28, 2012
- Fullagar, C.J., van Ittersum, K.W., Knight, P.A., Waples, C.J., & Stetzer, M. (2010). Finding flow: Lessons learned from Rock Band®. Paper presented at the 5th European Conference on Positive Psychology, Copenhagen, Denmark, June 23 - 26, 2010.
- PSYCH110: General Psychology - Spring 2012
- PSYCH564: Psychology of Organizations – Fall 2012
Research Assistant (GRA) assignments:
- RockBand Lab RA –Fall 2009, Spring 2010, Fall 2010, Spring 2011
- Leadership Studies RA – Fall 2011, Spring 2012, Fall 2012
- Consortium Fellow for Army Research Institute (ARI), Fort Leavenworth
- Summer 2011
- Served as editor for submissions to the 2011 & 2012 Midwest Academy of Management Conference.
- Served on committee to select new department head for the Department of Psychology, Fall 2011
B.S. - Psychology – Truman State University, 2009
Minor- Business Administration
Contact me :
Kyle van Ittersum
Kansas State University
Bluemont Hall 566 & Leadership 211
Manhattan, KS 66506