Our department provides educational and research opportunities at both the undergraduate and graduate levels.
The Undergraduate Program
In addition to providing service courses that are taken by a large portion of the total undergraduate student population, our undergraduate program also offers specific training for a large number (400+) of Psychology majors.The psychology major curriculum is purposely flexible to accommodate:
- students who plan ultimately to attend graduate school in psychology
- students who desire an undergraduate program that will lead to a job specifically in a particular field (e.g., an entry level counseling or clinical position)
- or students who simply want to obtain a Bachelor's degree and enter the workforce.
The Graduate Program
The Department of Psychological Sciences also has a strong graduate program consisting of four major areas of concentration for the Ph.D. degree:
- Animal Learning/Behavioral Neuroscience
- Cognitive and Human Factors Psychology
- Industrial/Organizational Psychology
- Social/Personality Psychology
In addition, we have a Master of Science (MS) in Psychology with an emphasis in Industrial and Organizational Psychology (MIOP) Program and an Occupational Health Certificate program.
As an academic unit of a land-grant institution, the department recognizes a major responsibility in the provision of training in applied science. At the same time, it maintains that this can only be accomplished within the context of a basic science program. Our programs are first and foremost research-oriented curricula in general psychology that emphasize a broad grounding in the traditional subject matter and experimental methods of psychology.We warmly welcome students to our department and encourage you to contact us for further information.
- Department Head: Dr. Michael Young, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Graduate Program Director: Dr. Clive Fullagar, email@example.com
- Undergraduate Program Director: Dr. Donald Saucier, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact for Behavioral Neuroscience/Animal Learning: Dr. Mary Cain, email@example.com
- Contact for Cognitive and Human Factors Psychology: Dr. Gary Brase, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact for Industrial/Organizational Psychology: Dr. Patrick Knight, email@example.com
- Contact for Personality-Social Psychology: Dr. Mark Barnett, firstname.lastname@example.org