MPA Residency and Other Requirements
MPA Students should observe the following general course hour guidelines.
- A minimum of 18 hours of courses in residence.
- A minimum of 18 hours of courses in the Department of Political Science [designated "POLSC"].
- A minimum of 18 hours of courses numbered 700 or above.
- A maximum of three hours of "non-class" seminars or courses (e.g., readings, problems, internships).
- In unusual situations, courses numbered below 600 can be applied to the MPA degree but these cannot be courses in political science and the maximum number of these course hours is six.
- Students must be enrolled for a minimum of one credit hour the semester they expect to receive their degree.
POLICY ON COMPENTENCY REVALIDATION
If a student's program of study includes any course credits more than six years old at the time the student is about to complete all degree requirements, a plan to revalidate those courses must be prepared by the director of graduate studies in consultation with the Graduate School.
RECEIPT OF DEGREE
Students are reminded that they must complete their internships, reports, and related course requirements before they are eligible to receive their degrees. Also, students must be enrolled for a minimum of one credit hour the semester they expect to receive their degrees.
According to the Kansas State University Graduate School, graduate students are held responsible for knowing the academic policies and degree requirements set forth in the Bulletin (General Catalog). They are likewise held responsible for knowing the regulations concerning the degree they plan to take any special requirements within the department or academic unit. In addition, it is the student's responsibility to be informed regarding the University's policies as to the standard of work required for continued enrollment in the Graduate School. The Graduate Office should be consulted if additional information is needed.