MA Residency and Other Requirements
Master's students should observe the following general course hour guidelines.
- A minimum of 18 hours in residence.
- A minimum of 18 hours in Political Science.
- A minimum of 18 hours of courses numbered 700 or above.
- A maximum of three hours of "non-class" seminars or courses (e.g., readings, problems, internships).
- In unusual situations, courses numbered below 600 can be applied to the MA degree but these cannot be courses in political science and the maximum number of these course hours is six.
- Students must be enrolled for a minimum of one credit hour the semester they expect to receive their degrees.
POLICY ON COMPETENCY REVALIDATION
If a student’s program of study includes any course credits more than six years old at the time the student is about to complete all degree requirements, a plan to revalidate those courses must be prepared by the director of graduate studies in consultation with the Graduate School.