RESIDENCY AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
Master's students should observe the following general course hour guideline
- A minimum of a 3.0 GPA in courses included in Program of Study.
- A minimum of 18 hours in residence.
- A minimum of 18 hours in Political Science
- A minimum of 18 hours of courses numbered 700 or above.
- A maximum of three hours of "non-class" seminars or courses (e.g., readings, problems, internships).
- Students must be enrolled for a minimum of one credit hour the semester they expect to receive their degrees.
POLICY ON COMPETENCY REVALIDATION
If a student's program of study includes any course credits more than six years old at the time the student is about to complete all degree requirements, the final Master's examination will normally include an examination over the body of course work listed on the program of study. The form and content of this examination is determined by each Master's program which may impose additional requirements for revalidating the student's competency in the supporting course work. In a Master's program for which such a revalidation examination may be inappropriate, an exception to this policy may be sought from the Dean of the Graduate School. The above procedure became mandatory for all Master's students at the start of fall semester, 1993.