Summer To-Do List
To-do list after you leave June Orientation and Enrollment
- Review your course schedule carefully. Call your Academic Counselor if you have any questions.
- If you plan to use financial aid (grants/loans), have you completed your FAFSA?
- Complete your math placement exam online if you have not already done so.
- Complete your TB questionnaire online: 1) log in to KSIS. 2) go to Student Center. 3) click on "other academics". 4) select "TB Questionnaire". 5) answer the questions and press submit.
- If you plan to live on campus, have you completed your housing contract?
- Check out the K-State book network website to find out what the common read is for the summer.
- If you plan on taking a course at community college over the summer, be sure to discuss this with your Academic Counselor so we can ensure the classes mesh well with your fall semester schedule. The most popular class to take over the summer is College Algebra, followed by Expository Writing.
- Begin using your K-State resources over the summer. All three of these resources can be accessed from this website. Click on the “sign in” link in the upper right corner of the page, under the search box.
- Check your K-State webmail regularly over the summer, and daily beginning the week before classes.
- Log in to K-State Online (KSOL) to access your Canvas account.
- Log in to KSIS to check that your address is correct, manage your bills and financial aid, buy a parking pass, buy sports tickets, complete your TB Questionnaire, and more.
- Buy your textbooks. Consider buying your textbooks used or renting them for the semester. Price match books using Chegg, Amazon, Abebooks, and Varney's. Textbooks are expensive – don’t wait until August to do this or you will end up paying more!
- Invest in a calendar system (i.e. a calendar in your email, in your phone, or paper pocket calendar) that you carry around with you. You will need your calendar to track your appointments with your Academic Counselor as well as class due dates and other important events.
- Call the Plan for Success staff at 785-532-6492 with any questions over the summer.