Spring 2014 Enrollment
Follow these steps to prepare for enrollment
Make an appointment with your PILOTS Advisor (Caroline, Michelle or Rebeca) as soon as possible. Call 785-532-6492 or send an email to set up an appointment.
Pick up a Curriculum Guide from the Academic and Career Information Center (Holton 014 or online via your College’s website), and bring it to your PILOTS advising meeting.
Go see your PILOTS Advisor and fill out the yellow PILOTS Pre-Enrollment Form. Don’t lose the form!
Make an appointment with your Academic Advisor
- Check iSIS or see your PILOTS advisor to find your Academic Advisor for your major.
- If you are in the College of Arts & Sciences (includes the Open Option major), you must call on Friday to make an appointment for the following week.
Go see your Academic Advisor to review your PILOTS Pre-Enrollment Form.
Bring your yellow PILOTS Pre-Enrollment Form to your PILOTS Program advisor. Make sure all your holds are lifted before enrollment time.
- Check your Student Center on iSIS to view any holds on your account.
- Advisor Flag holds are lifted when you meet with your Academic Advisor.
- Academic Assistance Center holds are lifted by your PILOTS advisor (on the day you enroll).
- Academic Advisor Survey holds are lifted upon completing a survey evaluating the academic advisor for your major, NOT your PILOTS advisor.
- If you need help with holds, ask your PILOTS advisor.
Check iSIS to find when you can enroll.
- This date/time is the earliest you can enroll.
- Come to 116 Bluemont Hall (PILOTS Study Lab) to enroll at your designated date and time. Don’t skip class to enroll – just come to BH 116 as soon as possible. The longer you wait, the fewer class choices will be available.
NOTE: Freshmen students enroll as early as November 18, 2014. However, because of the several steps involved in the planning process, NOW is the time to get started!
How do I know who my academic advisor is?
- Log on to iSIS under the Student Center and find out who your academic advisor is (for your major).
- If you are either a pre-health or open option major, go to Eisenhower Hall 113, or call 532-6900. if the advisor is booked for the week, call on Friday to set up a time for the following week. No shows are penalized by losing your appointment time until enrollment is over. Do not miss any of these appointments!
- If your academic advisor is not listed on iSIS, ask your PILOTS advisor for assistance and he/she will direct you.
What do I need to do before I meet with my academic advisor?
Your responsibilities as a student
Academic Advising Road Map
Academic Advising Checklist
Find K-State courses
Visit the Course schedule and look for the classes you want to enroll in.
Check out K-State course descriptions
Read the course description for each class and make sure you meet the pre-requisites.
Find out if your college credit will transfer to K-State.