There are no full-time staff positions open at this time.
Student Positions (Spring 2015)
Pilots Program Peer Assistants
Must be available to attend all day training/orientation the week of January 10, 2015.
Are you seeking paid, teaching experience? Do you love helping others and watching students succeed?
The Pilots Program is seeking mature, reliable undergraduate or graduate Peer Assistants (tutors) who have excelled in the following subjects:
- ECON 110 Principles of Macroeconomics
- ENGL 100 Expository Writing I (limited to Graduate Assistants who have previously taught the course)
- ENGL 200 Expository Writing II (limited to Graduate Assistants who have previously taught the course)
- GEOL 100 Earth in Action (and 103 lab)
- GEOL 125 Natural Disasters (and 103 lab)
- MATH 150 Plane Trigonometry
- MATH 205 General Calculus and Linear Algebra (aka "Business Calc")
- MATH 220 Analytical Geometry and Calculus I
The successful candidate should be an undergraduate student who has earned an A in the subject they wish to tutor, are currently enrolled as a student at K-State, and must have an excellent academic record. Knowledge of teaching best practices and study skills/techniques preferred.
Peer Assistants should be able to attend semesterly educational trainings and monthly staff development meetings once a month.