Part-time Student Position: Peer Assistant (tutor)
Are you seeking paid, teaching experience? Do you love helping others and watching students succeed? The Pilots Program is seeking mature, reliable undergraduate or graduate Peer Assistants (tutors) who have excelled in the following subject areas:
The successful candidate should be an undergraduate student who has earned an A in the subject they wish to tutor, are currently enrolled as a student at K-State, and must have an excellent academic record. Knowledge of teaching best practices and study skills/techniques preferred.
Peer Assistants should be able to attend semesterly educational trainings and monthly staff development meetings once a month. Please fill out the Peer Assistant Application (doc) (PDF) and submit it to Rebeca Paz at firstname.lastname@example.org
A Peer Assistant is expected to....
- Encourage communication and help students stay motivated
- Help students focus on their academic work
- Promote independence in learning
- Be knowledgeable of course content and assignments
- Be aware of instructor expectations and classroom guidelines
- Provide a student perspective on learning and academic success
- Be an academic role model
- Maintain confidential and professional working relationship with students
Tutoring is... individualized, fun, challenging, rewarding, and interactive!
Dr. Bosco with Sarah Wilcox, Public Speaking PA and K-State Student Employee of the Year finalist
Marcus Dobson, Sociology PA and K-State Exceptional Student Awardee for 2015