February 22, 2013
Applicants must be members of Phi Eta Sigma and nominated by their chapters.
All applications for undergraduate scholarships should be submitted to the chapter adviser for approval on or before the third Friday in February. The Scholarship Committee will only consider applications postmarked no later than March 1. Each chapter of Phi Eta Sigma may submit at least one undergraduate application. Chapters that inducted 150 or more members last year may submit undergraduate applications according to the following scale:
- 150 - 299 inductees -> 2 undergraduate applications
- 300 - 499 inductees -> 3 undergraduate applications
- 500 - 999 inductees -> 4 undergraduate applications
- 1000 or more inductees -> 5 undergraduate applications
Chapters may submit as many graduate applications as they deem appropriate.
Submit applications to:
Phi Eta Sigma
c/o Office of Student Activities and Services
Kansas State University
809 K-State Student Unioin
Manhattan, KS 66506
The Scholarship Committee uses the following criteria in selecting recipients:
- High scholastic record with a minimum 3.5 cumulative GPA.
- Participation in local chapter activities.
- Evidence of creative ability.
- Potential for success in chosen field.
- Letters of recommendation, not to exceed three.
If you have questions regarding your scholarship application, please contact Monica Strathman, chapter adviser, at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 785-532-0673.