Online Financial Counseling
If you are a current enrolled distance student or you can't make it in to our office, we offer live online video financial counseling using the Skype program or phone counseling to current K-State students and distance students for FREE.
NOTE: Phone and online video counseling is convenient and can be effective, but if you are local and able to come to our office we highly recommend and may request face-to-face counseling.
Skype is a free software program that allows you to have free Skype-to-Skype calls, video conferencing and chats over the Internet. Watch the Skype tutorial to learn more about the program. If you have a computer with a webcam, and an internet connection you can simply download the program from the appropriate link below to get started. It's free and easy and Skype will guide you step-by-step. Skype is available for Windows or Mac.
DISCLAIMER: We do NOT record any phone or online video counseling sessions. Also, while Skype does encrypt all Skype-to-Skype (computer to computer) conversations, please be aware of security issues that may exist due to transmission of information via the Internet. You may learn more here about Skype security.
- To begin, request an online Skype or phone financial counseling session. In the comments section, let us know if you prefer telephone or online Skype counseling. If you prefer Skype, please be sure to include your Skype Account login name in the comments section of the appointment request form and be sure you tell us which time zone you are in for scheduling purposes.
- Our office will receive an immediate notification via email once your request has been submitted. Our staff will contact you for scheduling within 24-48 hours and most often the initial session will occur within the same business week as well.
- Before your appointment, you will be required to complete our Client Intake Form and Consent Form available on our website. You should email them to email@example.com prior to your session.
- At the time of your appointment, be sure that you are beside your phone, or are online and signed into Skype. The financial counselor will make a call to you. On Skype, select the green button to answer the call. You may need to press the "Start My Video" button in order for the video to commence.
- Please try to create a private space free of distractions and other people's presence as best you can during the session time, and preferably 10 minutes or so before and after the session.
- It would be a good idea to have a pen and some paper ready, and any financial information you wish to review during the counseling session. You can also email this information to firstname.lastname@example.org for your counselor to review ahead of time if you desire. If you have a cell phone, please turn it off during a Skype session.
** Online or phone financial counseling may not be for you if you are experiencing acute distress. If you are considering hurting yourself or afraid you may hurt someone else, immediately go to a local mental health hospital or facility, or call 911 for help or dial 211 for a national help line.