Online Financial Counseling
If you are a current enrolled K-State distance student and are accustomed to talking to others using your computer, or you can’t make it in to the PFC office, we have just the service for you! PFC is pleased to offer live online video financial counseling using the Zoom program or phone counseling to current K-State students and distance students.
Note: phone and online video counseling are convenient and can be effective, but if you are local and able to come to our office we highly recommend and may request face-to-face counseling.
Zoom is a cloud video conferencing service that allows you to have free video conferencing and screen sharing over the internet - see FAQs here to learn more about the program or see https://zoom.us. Unlike Skype, Zoom does not require that you sign up or register first in order to join a meeting. If you have a computer with a webcam and an internet connection, you can simply click on the URL link we will provide you in an email confirming your session, or copy the URL link and paste it into your browser’s address bar. It's free and easy and Zoom will guide you step-by-step. Zoom is available for Windows, Mac, iOS and Android.
NOTE: We do NOT record any phone or online video counseling sessions. Also, while Zoom does encrypt all Zoom (computer to computer) conversations, please be aware of security issues that may exist due to transmission of information via the internet. You may learn more here about Zoom security.
- To begin, click here to request an online Zoom or phone financial counseling session. Let us know if you prefer telephone or online Zoom counseling. Please be sure you tell us which time zone you are in for scheduling purposes.
- Our office will receive an immediate notification via email once your request has been submitted. Our staff will contact you for scheduling within 24-48 hours and most often the initial session will occur within the same business week as well.
- Before your appointment, you will be required to complete our Client Intake Form and Consent Form found here. You should email them both to firstname.lastname@example.org PRIOR to your session.
- At the time of your appointment, be sure that you are beside your phone, or are online on your computer. The financial counselor will make a call to you if you selected phone counseling. If you selected video conferencing, you will click on the link within the email we provided you confirming your session.
- Please try to create a private space free of distractions and other people’s presence as best you can during the session time (and preferably 10 minutes or so before and after the session.)
- It would be a good idea to have a pen and some paper ready, and any financial information you wish to review during the counseling session (you can also email this information to email@example.com for your counselor to review ahead of time if you desire). If you have a cell phone, please mute it or turn it off during your session.
** Online or phone financial counseling may not be for you if you are experiencing acute distress. If you are considering hurting yourself or afraid you may hurt someone else, immediately go to a local mental health hospital or facility, or call 911 for help or dial 211 for a national help line.