Funding for Student Organizations
There is funding available for student organizations who are hosting on-campus, educational events that are free and open to K-State students. Additionally, there is funding for student groups who are traveling for educational purposes. The money for this funding originates from the Student Activity & Fine Arts Fees paid by every K-State student when they pay their “tuition & fees.”
The K-State Student Government Association (SGA) Allocations Committee allocates funds to registered student organizations (80% or more student membership) for on-campus, educational events that are free and open to K-State students. SGA also allocates funds for K-State students traveling off-campus. These funds originate from the Student Activity & Fine Arts Fees paid by every K-State student when they pay their “tuition & fees.” The OSAS Budget Office Frequently Asked Questions is a good resource for student groups to use to answer any questions regarding the SGA funding process.
To request SGA funding, your organization must be registered with the Office of Student Activities & Services (OSAS). Your organization must be registered 45 days prior to your event. A representative (preferably the Treasurer) from your organization will need to fill out and turn in the SGA Budget Request Form at least 35 days prior to the event. Forms can be found in your organization's OrgSync portal.
The form must be turned in at least 35 days before event takes place
First Friday in November for events held from December 1 through February 15.
Last Friday in February for events held from April 1 through September 30.
Last Friday in February for Academic Competition Team Annual Budgets for the upcoming academic year.
- Reimbursement documents, invoices and original receipts must be turned in to the OSAS Budget Office no later than 30 days after purchasing
- Reimbursement documents, invoices and original receipts for the current fiscal year must be turned into the OSAS Budget Office by the deadline set by the State, usually in May. Check with OSAS for current year’s deadlines.
- College Council Open House Budget Requests are due the first Friday in December (December 6, 2013) by 4pm in the OSAS Office.
- Requests for cash advances are due at least two weeks prior to traveling
- After an on-campus budget request is submitted, the student organization shall contact OSAS with 7 days of submitted the request to arrange an events planning appointment which must be attended prior to presenting to the allocation committee.
Another type of funding available is Diversity Programming Committee (DPC) funding. This funding is intended to allow student organizations to sponsor events so large in nature that they would not ordinarily be able to finance them, proposals should be for projects costing a minimum of $3,000 each. All proposed projects shall be intended to dissuade prejudice and discrimination based on race, ethnicity, religion, gender, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, geographic location, or age.
To apply for DPC funding, you must complete the request form on OrgSync. Application deadlines are:
First Friday in September for projects falling between November 1 and the last day of the fall semester.
Last Friday of October for projects falling between the first day of the spring semester and March 15.
Last Friday of January for projects falling between March 16 and the last day of spring semester.
Friday before Spring Break for projects falling between the first day of fall semester and October 31.