Academic and Career Information Center
- Which K-State major is the best fit for you? Beginning at 9 a.m., take a free online career assessment.
- Complete the College of Agriculture scavenger hunt and receive a free T-shirt (quantities limited).
- Stop by Shellenberger Hall to purchase scrumptious fresh baked goods, participate in baking and pet treat demonstrations, and view flour milling on a small-scale table-top mill.
- Take a shuttle to the grain science north complex where you will enjoy music, food and fun! Tour the state-of-the-art feed and flour mills, participate in hands-on feed demonstrations, and taste some extruded snacks before digging into a free lunch.
- Tour the Kansas State University Gardens and see what's blooming. While you're there, stop by the Horticulture Club's bedding plant sale to spruce up your home garden.
- Discover how an irrigation system works with our mock irrigation system, or hoist yourself up a tree with arboriculture students.
- Visit Alpha Zeta to test your trivia knowledge and learn more about current issues in agriculture.
- Swing by Waters Hall, where the Popenoe Entomology Club will help you pet live arthropods and pin dried insects. Also, express your wild side by making maggot paintings and insect crafts.
- Agricultural Communicators of Tomorrow is hosting the second Farm to Fork 5K to kick off Open House. The race starts at 8 a.m.
Architecture, Planning and Design
- Participate in the Student Planning Association's "BOXHattan" project by applying for a "building permit" and creating an addition to the box city in Seaton Hall.
- Visit the third floor of Seaton Hall to show off your creativity in the Lego Playspace.
- Immerse yourself in models, furniture, plans and landscapes that are drawn, designed and built by students.
- View the exhibit in the Chang Gallery, featuring the Ted and Sue Knapp Delineation Competition of Student Work.
Arts and Sciences
- Hand-print your own t-shirt and posters, purchase one of a kind art and much more
- Extract DNA from strawberries, see glow-in-the-dark seeds and study the insects used in research on campus.
- Tour a cancer research laboratory.
- See weird science with a glowing chemistry magic show.
- Have the English Department’s Poet-in-a-box write you a personalized poem.
- See how ground water moves and is polluted as well as having your unknown rocks, minerals and fossils identified.
- See the LeCompton Civil War Re-enactors perform and play “Trump the Historian,” face off with a professional historian in a quiz competition and see if you win a prize!
- Participate in a 10-minute mini language lesson (6-8 sessions of 3-5 different languages).
- Take a walking tour in Dole Hall for drone video demonstrations, and have your picture taken anywhere in the world.
Beach Museum of Art
- Visit the museum for gallery activities and art projects for all ages.
- Wander through The Meadow, where art meets nature, located just north of the museum.
- Walk through "Stan Herd: Cairns on the Beach." This artistic installation features dry stone cairns, or rock mounds.
- View photographs of the Great Plains by National Geographic photographer — and Kansas native – Jim Richardson.
Biosecurity Research Institute
- Visit Pat Roberts Hall to tour a science lab and learn about biosecurity.
- Get the latest updates on NBAF through a question-answer session.
- Take a tour of Calvin Hall, learn about our roots and enjoy fun activities.
- Check out our trading lab, sales lab and play games to earn CBA Bucks, redeemable for snacks and refreshments.
- Learn more about our new building, opening this year.
- Meet, learn about and socialize with the clubs and organizations specific to our college.
- Check out live performances by USD 383 choirs.
- Enjoy a wishing tree, interactive white board, sidewalk chalk, balloon animals and other fun outdoor activities.
- Interact with live animals and insects.
- Indulge in tasty kettle corn.
- Take a ride on a train, no matter your age.
- Make history come to life with the push of a button at the interactive wax museum.
- Participate in an art workshop with nature and ecology projects.
- Turn the page to a new favorite at the children's book fair.
- Learn about the exciting path to becoming a teacher.
- Check out the brand new Engineering Hall expansion, including design team suites and cutting-edge classroom and lab spaces.
- Participate in a fountain wars competition, build a toolbox and more.
- Talk to representatives from engineering companies — including BNSF Railway, ExxonMobil, Union Pacific and GE Aviation — and learn how their work affects the world.
- See the 2015 K-State competition robot in action as it completes a challenge.
- Take a turn on our racing simulator.
- Join biological and agricultural engineering students and faculty for a Saturday morning pancake breakfast.
- Watch mechanical engineering students and faculty race bicycles powered by grass trimmer motors.
- Enjoy grilled hot dogs, chips and a soft drink served by hospitality management students.
- Come learn about the Professional Event Management Society and indulge in some Orange Leaf frozen yogurt.
- Learn to build a population pyramid.
- Add your purple leaf to the Human Ecology family tree and see how you can utilize a degree in early childhood education.
- Pick up pedometer and learn more about living a physically active lifestyle.
- Participate in a speech simulation activity.
- Receive a free hearing screening.
- Color your own K-State story and take your book home to share with friends and family.
- Experience high-tech augmentative-alternative communication devices and learn how they improve communication for those unable to speak effectively.
- Test the health of your voice on state-of-the-art voice analysis equipment.
- Take a piece of K-State home with you. The tomato plant giveaway is back! Plus, cool keepsakes and door prizes will be given away throughout the day.
- Participate in a consumer research study, watch a food safety demonstration and try different samples for sensory qualities.
- K-State Research and Extension will feature family and consumer science activities, gardening/horticulture tips, interactive exhibits, demonstrations, and much more.
- Pose for a picture with Willie the Wildcat.
- Enjoy a delicious scoop of Call Hall Purple Pride Ice Cream.
- Create innovative food creations that are fun to sample!
- The VetGunTM is revolutionizing how antiparasitics and medicines are administered to cattle. Watch demonstrations of this advanced technology.
Kansas State Polytechnic Campus (Salina)
- Experience the engineering technology program through 3D printed hands, dancing robots and student project displays.
- Discover the aviation program — jump in a simulator to fly an aircraft, check out the university’s fleet, and enjoy pancakes at the annual fly in and pancake feed.
- Explore campus while building and launching bottle rockets, viewing the chemistry magic show, and seeing all of our student clubs and organizations.
- Tour the Staley School and experience organizations and programs that can shape your career at K-State and beyond.
- Interact with Staley School students, faculty and staff.
- Visit Radina's Coffeehouse and Roastery, a locally owned restaurant in our building selling coffee, snacks, baked goods and lunch.
- Take a selfie tour of Hale Library! Learn how we support students and faculty while navigating the many floors of Hale.
- Explore K-State's roots using our University Archives.
- Visit with current students and learn how K-State Libraries helps them succeed.
- Visit Special Collections and get your hands on unique holdings from a variety of disciplines.
- Gaze up to the top of our 40-foot rock climbing wall in Chester Peters Recreation Center.
- Walk along on a guided tour of the newly expanded Recreation Center, or drop by just to look around.
- Come with a K-State student and get a free daily pass to work in your daily workout.
- On Friday evening and all day Saturday, check out the K-State Men's and Women's Soccer Clubs at the Chartrand Memorial Soccer Tournament at Memorial Stadium.
- Tour the K-State Recycling Center behind Weber Hall.
Residence Halls/Jardine Complex
- Stop by Housing and Dining Services’ booth in the Union to learn how we make on-campus living such a popular choice among K-State students. Explore the construction plans for the new residence hall and dining center coming to the Kramer Complex.
- Tour any of the residence halls or Jardine Apartments between 10 a.m. and 2 p.m. Each hall will have tour guides available in the front lobby. Tours of the Jardine Apartments begin at the Jardine Tower.
- Try the sandwich bar at Derby or Kramer dining centers between 11:30 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. At both locations, the cost is $9 per person, while children ages 2-5 years old eat at half price. Children under 2 years old eat free.
- Check out the specials at JP's Sports Grill in Jardine open from 11 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Visit us in Trotter Hall to see a variety of unique exhibits including: a full-size, walk-through model of the heart; an interactive exhibit on developing the human-animal bond; and our famous two-headed calf.
- Interested in pursuing a career in veterinary medicine? Come hear real-life experiences from a panel of veterinary students, and meet the assistant dean of admissions.
- Tour our veterinary hospital, ranked in the top 15 nationally.
- Bring your family and friends to cheer for your favorite pet at our annual pet talent show.
- Visit with Dr. Susan Nelson, one of our esteemed small-animal clinicians, about preventive health care and ways to keep your pet a happy, healthy member of the family.
- Meet a variety of unique animals at our exotic animal exhibit in Mosier Hall.
- Kids may have their favorite stuffed animal fixed up by one of our outstanding veterinary students at the stuffed animal pet clinic.
- Learn anatomy with the painted horse and palpation pony.
- Enjoy a delicious pulled pork sandwich courtesy of the swine club.