Events by College
See all of the College of Agriculture
- Complete the College of Agriculture scavenger hunt and receive a free T-shirt (quantities limited).
- Stop by Shellenberger Hall to purchase scrumptious fresh baked goods, participate in baking and pet treat demonstrations, and view flour milling on a small-scale table-top mill.
- Take a shuttle to the grain science north complex where you will enjoy music, food and fun! Tour the state-of-the-art feed and flour mills, participate in hands-on feed demonstrations, and taste some extruded snacks before digging into a free lunch.
- Tour the The Gardens at Kansas State University and see what's blooming. While you're there, stop by the Horticulture Club's bedding plant sale to spruce up your home garden.
- Discover how an irrigation system works with our mock irrigation system, or hoist yourself up a tree with arboriculture students.
- Visit Alpha Zeta to test your trivia knowledge and learn more about current issues in agriculture.
- Swing by Waters Hall, where the Popenoe Entomology Club will help you pet live arthropods and pin dried insects. Also, express your wild side by making maggot paintings and insect crafts.
Architecture, Planning and Design
See all of the College of Architecture, Planning and Design
- Participate in the Student Planning Association's "BOXHattan" project by applying for a "building permit" and creating an addition to the box city, lower level, Regnier Hall outside Weigel Library.
- Visit the lower Level of Regnier Hall to show off your creativity in the Lego Playspace.
- Immerse yourself in models, furniture, plans and landscapes that are drawn, designed and built by students.
- View work by architecture students in their second through fifth years of study in the hallways of the first floor of Seaton Hall.
Arts and Sciences
See all of College of Arts & Sciences
- Hand-print your own t-shirt and posters, purchase one of a kind art and much more in 319 Willard Hall.
- Extract DNA from strawberries, see glow-in-the-dark seeds and study the insects used in research on campus.
- Tour a cancer research laboratory in Chalmers Hall.
- Head over to Willard Hall to see weird science with a glowing chemistry magic show.
- Have the English Department’s Poet-in-a-box write you a personalized poem.
- See the LeCompton Civil War Re-enactors perform and play “Trump the Historian,” face off with a professional historian in a quiz competition and see if you win a prize!
- If you want to "travel the world," explore how space interacts with time or better understand global diversity, geography has a lot to offer.
- Visit the new Purple Masque Theatre on the west side of Old Stadium for backstage tours.
- Take a walking tour in Dole Hall to experiment with an operating green screen and teleprompter.
See all of College of Business Administration
- Check out our new, state-of-the-art Business Building to witness a captivating space for 21st century learning.
- Visit the interactive Visionary Land, where students will lead you in activities containing elements of the building blocks for their future ventures spanning the scope of our curriculum.
- Climb our grand staircase to visit Outlook Cove and power up with a stop at the concession stand!
- Meet, learn about and socialize with the clubs and organizations specific to our college.
See all of the College of Education
- Check out live performances by USD 383 choirs.
- Enjoy a wishing tree, interactive white board, sidewalk chalk, balloon animals and other fun outdoor activities.
- Interact with live animals and insects.
- Indulge in tasty kettle corn.
- Take a ride on a train, no matter your age.
- Make history come to life with the push of a button at the interactive wax museum.
- Record a video using an art-based digital application and explore sound suits.
- Participate in an art workshop with nature and ecology projects.
- Play physical education games; explore health and nutrition; and construct, transform and discover
- Learn about the exciting path to becoming a teacher.
See all of the College of Engineering
- Visit Fiedler Hall to see our steel bridge and concrete canoe student design teams and learn about their quest to attend nationals.
- Participate in a fountain wars competition, build a toolbox and more.
- Talk to representatives from engineering companies and learn how their work affects the world.
- Join biological and agricultural engineering students and faculty for a Saturday morning pancake breakfast.
- Watch mechanical engineering students and faculty race bicycles powered by grass trimmer motors.
See all of the College of Human Ecology
- Enjoy grilled hot dogs, chips and a soft drink served by hospitality management students.
- Come learn about the Professional Event Management Society and indulge in some frozen yogurt on the Patio of Justin Hall.
- Pick up a pedometer and learn more about living a physically active lifestyle in Hoffman Lounge.
- Head over to the Campus Creek Complex Lobby to participate in a speech simulation activity.
- Receive a free hearing screening at 127 Campus Creek Complex.
- Stop by Hoffman Lounge to learn about the many career opportunities available in financial planning and win prizes in our money vault.
- Experience high-tech augmentative-alternative communication devices and learn how they improve communication for those unable to speak effectively.
- Analyze the health of your voice using state-of-the-art equipment on the second floor of Campus Creek Complex.
See all of K-State Olathe
- Take a piece of K-State home with you. The tomato plant giveaway is back! Plus, cool keepsakes and door prizes will be given away throughout the day.
- Picture yourself at K-State – literally – with the magic of a green screen
- K-State Research and Extension will feature family and consumer science activities, gardening/horticulture tips, interactive exhibits, demonstrations, and much more.
- Pose for a picture with Willie the Wildcat.
- Enjoy a delicious scoop of Call Hall Purple Pride Ice Cream.
- Grab some coffee and visit with K-State Olathe dean and CEO.
- The VetGunTM is revolutionizing how antiparasitics and medicines are administered to cattle. Watch demonstrations of this advanced technology.
Kansas State Polytechnic Campus (Salina)
See all of Kansas State Polytechnic
- Experience the engineering technology program through 3D printed hands, dancing robots and student project displays.
- Discover the aviation program — jump in a simulator to fly an aircraft, check out the university’s fleet, and enjoy pancakes at the annual fly in and pancake feed.
- Explore campus while building and launching bottle rockets, viewing the chemistry magic show, and seeing all of our student clubs and organizations.
See all of Leadership Studies
- Tour the Staley School and experience organizations and programs that can shape your career at K-State and beyond.
- Interact with Staley School students, faculty and staff.
- Visit Radina's Coffeehouse and Roastery, a locally owned restaurant in our building selling coffee, snacks, baked goods and lunch.
See all of the College of Veterinary Medicine
- Visit us in Trotter Hall to see a variety of unique exhibits including: an interactive exhibit on developing the human-animal bond.
- Interested in pursuing a career in veterinary medicine? Come hear real-life experiences from a panel of veterinary students.
- Tour our veterinary hospital, ranked in the top 15 nationally.
- Meet a variety of unique animals at our exotic animal exhibit in Mosier Hall.
- Kids may have their favorite stuffed animal fixed up by one of our outstanding veterinary students at the stuffed animal pet clinic.
- Dress like a surgeon and watch students prepare a patient for surgery.
- Enjoy a delicious pulled pork sandwich courtesy of the swine veterinarians club outside Mosier Hall.