Earn while you learn. Part-time jobs in the community or on campus can help pay for tuition, books, housing and other expenses. Earn part of the $15 million annual payroll for campus jobs.
Benefits of student jobs
- Earn money to help pay for college expenses.
- Find opportunities for a range of career interests.
- Build your employment history.
- Broaden your social and support network.
- Expand your list of professional references and contacts.
- Increase your likelihood of graduating.
Types of student jobs
|Type||Where||Hours per week||Who can apply||Paycheck|
|Work-study job||Campus||30 max||Those with financial need||Paid by federal program and university|
|Part-time campus job||Campus||30 max||Any student||Paid by university|
|Internship||Off campus||Check with employer||Check with employer||Paid by employer or unpaid for college credit and/or job experience|
|Off campus||Off campus||Check with employer||Check with employer||Paid by employer|
On-campus options include working as receptionist in an academic department, an usher at Bramlage Coliseum, a clerk in the university bookstore, a landscaper with the Division of Facilities and more.
Part-time campus jobs
- Hospitality/food service
- Clerical/office support
- Social services/health care
- General labor
- Seasonal/independent contractor
- Information technology/mathematics
Largest campus employers
- Housing and Dining Services
- Bramlage Coliseum
- K-State Student Union
- Division of Facilities
- K-State Libraries
- Division of Biology
- Department of animal sciences and industry
- Department of agronomy
Opportunities include working in graphic design, customer service, after-school care, office assistance, marketing and more.
- Retail and grocery stores
- Manhattan Town Center mall
- Businesses in Aggieville and downtown
- Child care organizations
- Medical offices
- Insurance companies
- Banks and credit unions
- Landscaping and construction firms