For the latest list of my publications, go to my Google Scholar site
My lab is committed to open access publication. Manuscripts published while at K-State can typically be obtained on K-Rex for free, though it typically takes a bit of time for them to appear there. I am happy to provide a PDF, just email me.
- Smith DR, Hamaji T, Olson BJ, Durand PM, Ferris P, Michod RE, Featherston J, Nozaki H, Keeling PJ. Mol Biol Evol. 2013 Feb 5. In press
- Hamaji T, Smith DR, Noguchi H, Toyoda A, Suzuki M, Kawai-Toyooka H, Fujiyama A, Nishii I, Marriage T, Olson BJ, Nozaki H. Mitochondrial and Plastid Genomes of the Colonial Green Alga Gonium pectorale Give Insights into the Origins of Organelle DNA Architecture within the Volvocales. PLoS One. 2013;8(2):e57177. doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0057177. Epub 2013 Feb 26.
- Umen, J.G., Olson, B.J., 2012. Genomics of Volvocine Algae. Advances in Botanical Research 64, 185–243.
- E Balsemão-Pires, BJSC Olson, Y Jaillais, LR Andrade, J Chory, and G Sachetto-Martins. AtTSPO accumulates and localizes to the chloroplast in response to salt-stress or perturbations in tetrapyrrole biosynthesis. Accepted BMC Plant Biology, May 2011.
- BJSC Olson, M Olberholzer, Y Li, JM Zones, HS Kohli, K Bisova, J Meisenhelder, T Hunter and JG Umen. (2010). Regulation of the Chlamydomonas cell cycle by a stable, chromatin-associated retinoblastoma tumor suppressor complex. The Plant Cell. 22: 3331–3347.
- BJSC Olson*, Q Wang* and KW Osteryoung. (2010). GTP-dependent heteropolymer formation and bundling of chloroplast FtsZ1 and FtsZ2. The Journal of Biological Chemistry. 285(27): 20634-20643.
- P Ferris*, BJSC Olson*, P de Hoff, S Douglass, D Diaz-Cano, S Prochnik, S Geng, R Rai, J Grimwood, J Schmutz, I Nishii, T Hamaji, H Nozaki, M Pellegrini, and JG Umen, (2010). Evolution of an expanded sex-determining locus in Volvox. Science. 328: 351-4.
- AJ Schmitz. JM Glynn, BJSC Olson, KD Stokes, KW Osteryoung. (2009). Arabidopsis FtsZ2-1 and FtsZ2-2 are functionally redundant, but FtsZ-Based plastid division is not essential for chloroplast partitioning or plant growth and development. Molecular Plant. 2(6): 1211-22).
- RS McAndrew*, BJSC Olson*, D Kadirjan-Kalbach, CH Chi-Ham, JE Froelich and KW Osteryoung. (2008). In vivo quantitative relationship between plastid division proteins FtsZ1 and FtsZ2 and identification of ARC6 and ARC3 in a native FtsZ complex. Biochemical Journal. 412: 367–378.
- DW Yoder, D Kadirjan-Kalbach, BJSC Olson, S Miyagishima, S DeBlasio, R Hangarter and KW Osteryoung. (2007). Effects of mutations in Arabidopsis FtsZ1 on plastid division, FtsZ ring formation and positioning, and FtsZ filament morphology in vivo. Plant and Cell Physiology. 48(6): 775-791.
- BJSC Olson, M Skavdahl, H Ramberg, JC Osterman and J Markwell. (2000). Formate Dehydrogenase in Arabidopsis thalina: Characterization and possible targeting to the chloroplast. Plant Science 160(2): 205-212.
- M Skavdahl. BJSC Olson, JP Markwell and J. C. Osterman. (1999). Nucleotide sequence of a cDNA encoding 10-formyltetrahydrofolate synthetase from Arabidopsis (accession number AF162279). Plant Physiology 121: 313.
- Y Yang, JM Glynn, BJSC Olson, AJ Schmitz, KW Osteryoung. (2007). Plastid division: across time and space. Current Opinion in Plant Biology. 11: 577-584.
Peer Reviewed Book Chapters
- BJSC Olson, JP Markwell. (2007). Assays for determination of protein concentration. In Current Protocols in Protein Science. J.E. Coligan, et al., Editors. John Wiley & Sons, Inc. p. 3.4.1-3.4.29.