Health insurance coverage is mandatory for all international students enrolled at Kansas State University, regardless of their course load.
Health insurance coverage will be automatically included in international student tuition bills, and students will no longer be required to make separate payment arrangements. Students will still be free to choose alternative insurance so long as their plan's coverage meets or exceeds the minimum requirements listed at the bottom of this page. In order to use alternate insurance, students must complete and submit the Student Health Insurance Waiver form no later than the 20th day of classes each semester. Once a waiver request is submitted and approved, the insurance charge will be removed from the tuition bill.
For additional information visit the ISSS website for Mandatory Health Insurance
- For each semester you are registered, you are required to have health insurance coverage.
- Have a Minimum $100,000 or greater medical benefit for each sickness
- Have a minimum $100,000 or greater medical benefits for each accident
- Includes inpatient and outpatient coverage for both sickness and accident
- Have at least $10,000 for repatriation (removal of remains after death)
- Have at least $15,000 for medical evacuation to your home country
- A deductible not to exceed $500 per individual, per policy year
- The health insurance company offering the policy must meet the above qualifications.
If you have further questions after reading the information provided by this website, please contact our insurance coordinator, Stacey Bailey, at email@example.com. She may also be reached by phone at 785-532-6448 or fax 785-532-6607.
Many international students are required to have a TB test prior to enrolling for classes. You will receive additional information about the TB test upon your arrival and check-in at International Student and Scholar Services. To get information on TB testing before your arrival, please go to Lafene Health Center's web site at http://www.ksu.edu/lafene/tb.html.