1. K-State home
  2. »Office of International Programs
  3. »Outreach
  4. »Exchange
  5. »Admission Information

Office of International Programs

Other International Program Offices

Office of International Programs
304 Fairchild Hall
1601 Vattier Street
Kansas State University
Manhattan, KS 66506 

785-532-6550 fax

General Instructions for Undergraduate Admission as an Exchange Student of a Special Agreement Student (Bachelor's Degree Programs)

A Complete Application consists of four items:

  • KSU Undergraduate Application Form
  • Official Academic Documents
  • Proof of English Proficiency
  • Financial Guarantee

The Kansas State University Undergraduate Admission form

Do not apply on-line. Use the mailable form you can download, fill in, and give to your home coordinator.

  • Make sure you submit ALLrequired information and documentation.
  • If you are applying as a reciprocal exchange student, do not pay the application fee; this is covered by the exchange agreement.
    If you are applying on a special agreement with Costa Rica, Honduras, or Paraguay, you must pay the application fee.

Official Academic Documents

Academic documents such as diplomas and transcripts* of course work completed are extremely important for your admission to KSU and for our faculty to provide assistance and advice on course work at KSU. These documents must be original or certified/notarized and must be accompanied with a translation into English (also certified/notarized) if in any other language.

Reciprocal exchange students. You must submit a transcript of all class work taken since high school at your university including, if relevant, preparatory work after high school for admission to your university.

Special agreement students from Costa Rica, Honduras, and Paraguay. You must submit all class work taken since high school at your home university. If you are applying directly from high school you must submit your high school transcripts and proof of high school graduation. If you have not completed one year of university course work, you must submit both your high school transcripts and proof of graduation, and your university transcripts.

* French System: A transcript is the same as the Releve de Notes.
* German System: Your International Programs Office should be able to help you construct a transcript on a few pages based on your scheine.
* Spanish System: A transcript is the same as your Calificaciones.

Proof of English Proficiency

Proof of English language proficiency is not required for admission to KSU. However, to enroll in classes you must take the free proficiency exam upon arrival at KSU. The results of this exam determine whether or not you are cleared to enroll in university classes, must take intensive English language classes, or are cleared for some university classes with some remedial English language classes.

If you have a recent TOEFL, Cambridge, IELTS, or other test score, you are encouraged to submit it. A TOEFL of 550 is sufficient for unqualified admission to KSU, but students with less than 600 will be tested upon arrival at KSU and recommendations for English classes will be made accordingly.

Financial Guarantee

tuition/fees version
tuition/fees, room and board version
resident version

Return the Application to your Host University Exchange Program Coordinator, who will send it to KSU. Do not send the application to KSU yourself.

Course Schedules and Availability and Campus Information

Visit the Kansas State University website. Under "Academics" you will find the catalogues for all classes taught at Kansas State University, their descriptions, and which are being taught in the current and upcoming sessions. You will also find a lot of other information about the university, accommodation, recreation facilities, student clubs, and student and campus life.

If you have any questions, please contact:

For Reciprocal Exchange Programs

Karli Webster
Director of Study Abroad
Office of International Programs
Kansas State University
304 Fairchild Hall
Manhattan, Kansas 66506

785-532-6550 fax
For special agreements with Costa Rica, Honduras, and Paraguay

Dr. Barry H. Michie
Director of International Program Support
Office of International Programs
Kansas State University
304 Fairchild Hall
Manhattan, KS 66506

785-532-6550 fax

Back to exchange student information