Peace Corps at K-State
Benefits of Peace Corps Service
For all the giving Peace Corps Volunteers do, they also receive a great deal in return. Peace Corps Volunteers receive financial, career, educational and intangible benefits in return for their two years of service.
- Paid travel and living expenses
- Full medical and dental coverage
- 48 paid days of vacation
- $6,075 cash bonus
- Student loan deferment
- Partial forgiveness of Perkins loans
- International work experience
- Fluency in a foreign language
- Cross-cultural understanding
- New or enhanced technical skills
- One year of non-competitive eligibility for federal jobs
- Job-placement assistance
- Influential returned Volunteer network
- Three months of in-country training with a focus on language, cross-cultural and technical skills
- Graduate school opportunities in conjunction with service
- Adventure of a lifetime
- Incredible travel opportunities
- Personal growth
- World knowledge
- ...and more!!!
Ready to apply right now? Start your online application!