KANSAS STATE UNIVERSITY
OFFICE OF INTERNATIONAL PROGRAM
ENGLISH LANGUAGE PROGRAM
STUDENT SERVICES COORDINATOR
Kansas State University, Office of International Programs, invites applicants for the position of Student Services Coordinator. This position reports to the Assistant Director in the English Language Program.
Student Services Coordination (80%)
- Assist in pre-placement and placement meetings; assist with academic advising of students; and assist with the teacher and student appeals of placement (internal to the ELP).
- Help with advising probation/dismissed/reinstated students (internal to the ELP).
- Assist students in academic life situations such as traffic tickets, housing problems, roommate problems.
- Help students with issues that affect their academic success such as study habits, absences and cultural adaptation.
- Help identify learning opportunity activities outside the ESL classroom, such as conversation partners, volunteer activities and auditing classes.
- Coordinate the ELP evening social hour/event activities.
Program Support (20%)
- Communicate with International Student and Scholar Services and International Admissions
- Assist with student problems involving other offices on campus
- Track attendance two times every semester for students in the ELP
- Track students missing more than a week of classes
- Bachelor’s degree in Student Services, Education, ESL, Academic Advising and related fields
- Experience in working with international students studying in the U.S.
- Proficient in English (speaking , writing and reading)
- Master’s degree in Student Services, Education, ESL, Academic Advising and related fields
- Experience in advising, higher education, student services, student retention
- Experience in on-line course development (K-State On-line desirable)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
- Proficiency in Mandarin Chinese, Arabic or Portuguese
Salary Range: $33,000-$35,000 based on experience.
Conditions of Appointment: A background check is required prior to finalizing an offer of employment.
Candidates must have approved authorization to work in the United States at the time of hire.
To Apply: Submit letter of interest, current résumé, transcripts, and three references with contact information (including phone number). Applications must be submitted electronically to Barbara Lippman at email@example.com.
Application Deadline: March 24TH , 2014.
Tentative Start Date: April 28TH , 2014
Kansas State University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer
and actively seeks diversity among its employees.