Student Services Program Support Coordinator
KSU Office of International Programs – English Language Program
Kansas State University, Office of International Programs, invites applicants for the position of Student Services Program Support Coordinator. This position reports to the Assistant Director in the English Language Program.
Student Service Coordination (80%)
- Assist in pre-placement and placement meetings; assist with academic advising of students; and assist with the teacher and student appeals of placement (internal to the ELP).
- Improve retention by advising the probation/dismissed/reinstated students (internal to the ELP).
- Assist students in special non-life-threatening situations such as traffic tickets, housing problems, roommate problems.
- Help students with issues that affect their academic success such as study habits, absences and cultural adaptation.
- Help identify learning opportunities outside the ESL classroom, such as conversation partners, volunteer activities and auditing classes.
- Conduct follow-up interviews with students to determine if their needs have been met.
Program Support (20%)
- Coordinate with International Student and Scholar Services and International Admissions
- Assist with student problems involving other offices on campus
- Track attendance two times every semester for ALL students in the ELP
- Bachelor’s degree in Student Services, Education, ESL, Academic Advising and related fields
- Experience in working with international students
- Master’s degree in Student Services, Education, ESL, Academic Advising and related fields
- proficiency in Mandarin Chinese or Arabic
- experience in advising, higher education, student services, student retention
- experience in classroom teaching
- experience in on-line / distance programs (K-State On-line desirable)
- excellent written and oral communication skills
- ability to build teams within and with outside constituents
- problem solving skills
Salary Range: $32,000-$34,000 based on education and experience.
Conditions of Appointment: A background check is required prior to finalizing an offer of employment.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States for any employer.
To Apply: Submit letter of interest, current résumé, transcripts, and three references with contact information (including phone number). Applications must be submitted electronically to Barbara Lippman at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application Deadline: July 8, 2013.
Tentative Start Date: August 2013
K-State is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
K-State encourages diversity among its employees.