English Language Program
The English Language Program at Kansas State University offers 5 levels of intensive English.
Students need not start at level 1. Once a student arrives on campus, they will take the English Proficiency Test to determine the appropriate level.
Students who wish to study for a bachelor's degree, but require English language study first, may apply directly to the academic program and begin with English courses first.
- Academic Semester Program (4 months)
- Intensive Summer Program (8 weeks)
A student may choose to continue enrollment for as long as they wish to study.
What the English Language Program offers:
- Five levels of Intensive English
- Small classes (10-17 students)
- Experienced teachers with advanced degrees
- Language/computer laboratory
- Full-time: 18-19 hours of class/week (30 hours per week in intensive summer program)
- Reading (6 hours)
- Writing (6 hours)
- Speaking/Listening (6 hours)
- ELP Orientation (1 hour)
Who can attend:
The ELP accepts students who:
- Are non-native speakers of English
- Are at least 17 years old
- Read and write in their own language
- Know the Roman alphabet