English Language Program
The English Language Program at Kansas State University offers 5 levels of intensive English.
Students are not required to start at Level 1. When students arrive on campus, they will take the English Proficiency Test to determine the starting level. Students can also submit TOEFL scores to determine placement.
Students who wish to study for a bachelor's degree, but require English language study, can apply directly to the academic program and begin with English courses first.
- Academic Semester Program (4 months)
- Intensive Summer Program (8 weeks)
- English Language Institute for intermediate or advanced learners (4 weeks)
A student may choose to continue enrollment for as long as they wish to study.
What the English Language Program offers:
- Five levels of Intensive English
- Small classes (10-17 students)
- Experienced teachers with advanced degrees
- Language/computer laboratory
- Tutoring services
- Full-time: 18-19 hours of class/week (30 hours per week in intensive summer program)
- Reading (6 hours)
- Writing (6 hours)
- Speaking/Listening (6 hours)
- ELP Orientation (1 hour)
Who can attend:
The ELP accepts students who:
- Are non-native speakers of English
- Are at least 17 years old
- Read and write in their own language
- Know the Latin alphabet