Semester at K-State
Kansas State University offers advanced English students an excellent way to do one or two semesters of study in the United States at a large land grant research university.
- Kansas State University has more than 250 undergraduate programs, 67 Master’s programs, and 43 Doctoral programs. Kansas State University also has 20 undergraduate certificate courses and 35 graduate certificate courses.
- You can take courses in your major as well as explore other subjects!
- You must enroll in 12 undergraduate or 9 graduate credit hours per semester. Credits earned are listed on a permanent Kansas State University transcript and may be transferable to other universities.
- To take university courses, you must meet the Kansas State University TOEFL (79 overall) or IELTS (6.5 overall) requirement, or receive passing scores on the Kansas State University English Proficiency Test, which you can take on arrival.
- You can also take university courses plus English courses, or if you do not have a passing TOEFL or IELTS score, you can study English only.
- You must meet the admissions requirements and application deadlines for the program to which you are applying.
- Your university need not be one of our reciprocal exchange program partners in order to participate in Semester at K-State. A student from any university may apply. This does mean, however, that you will have to work with your university and professors to ensure credits from your courses at K-State will transfer back to your home institution.
University Calendar - Fall semesters begin in mid-August; Spring semesters begin in mid-January; Summer semesters are June and July.
*Kansas State University cannot guarantee participation in specific university courses. Students enroll in classes on a space-available basis. Also, not all courses are offered every semester.