1. K-State home
  2. »OIP
  3. »International Admissions & Recruiting
  4. »Applying to K-State
  5. »Common Questions

International Admissions and Recruiting

Common Questions: Undergraduate Application

What do I need to submit in order to apply to an undergraduate program?
  1. K-State online International student application.
  2. Affidavit of Financial Support (pdf) form and bank statement*
  3. $80 application fee
  4. High school and university transcripts
    (any transcripts from U.S. universities must be sent directly from the Registrar's office at that university to the Office of Admissions at K-State.)*
  5. A copy of your passport (the page including your photo and personal information)

* Transcripts and bank statements can be delivered in one of two ways:
Emailed to intladmit@ksu.edu

or mailed to

International Admissions Office
Kansas State University
203A Fairchild Hall

1601 Vattier Street
Manhattan, KS 66506 USA

What are the deadlines to apply?

Fall Semester (August): deadline is May 1

The following programs have February 1st deadline and accept fall only:

  • Architecture
  • Interior Architecture
  • Landscape Architecture
  • Regional and Community Planning
  • Athletic Training
  • Interior Design
  • Wildlife Outdoor Enterprise Management

Spring Semester (January): deadline is October 1
Summer Semester (June): deadline is March 1

*Deadlines vary if students are already studying in the US and do not plan to return to their country between academic terms.


Fall Semester (August): deadline is January 8
Spring Semester (January): deadline is August 1

What are my options for paying the application fee?

The application fee can be paid by personal check, money order or credit card.  We recommend that you pay online using a credit card when you submit your online application form.  However, in certain situations, a credit card cannot be used. If this is the case, a money order is the best option for payment. Checks and money orders must be made out to Kansas State University. You can send your application fee to:

Kansas State University
Office of International Admissions
203A Fairchild Hall

1601 Vattier Street
Manhattan, KS 66506 USA

To pay by credit card over the phone, you may call +1-785-532-6250.

Will my application be processed before I pay the application fee?

No. University policy states that the fee must be paid before the application can be processed.

What fax number can I send documents to?

You can send materials to the Office of International Admissions fax at: +1-785-532-4311.

If you have any trouble sending to that fax number, an alternate number is the Office of International Programs at: +1-785-532-6550

What street address can I send documents to?

All undergraduate application materials should be sent directly to the Office of International Admissions:
Office of International Admissions
Kansas State University
203A Fairchild Hall

1601 Vattier Street
Manhattan, KS 66506 USA

If I have a scholarship from my government, what financial documents do you need from me?

You must submit a current copy of the scholarship letter from your government stating that you have been awarded a full scholarship. The letter must be dated within one year of the date that you wish to begin studying at K-State.

How long will my application take to process after all my required documents are received?

It takes approximately two weeks to process an application after ALL application materials are received.

I'm having trouble submitting the application online, what are my other options?

Please let us know if you have difficulty submitting the online application. Submitting the application online is the only option for applying, so you need to notify us right away if you have any problems, so we can quickly resolve them. Contact our office at: intladmit@ksu.edu or +1-785-532-727

What if I need to defer to a later semester?

Please contact our office and let us know you plan to defer to a later semester.  We will give you specific instructions regarding what application materials you will need to submit again.  Kansas State University policy allows you to defer your application three times.