1. K-State home
  2. »OIP
  3. »International Admissions & Recruiting
  4. »Applying to K-State
  5. »Language Requirements
  6. »Students in the USA

International Admissions and Recruiting

Students Attending High School or College in USA

Are exceptions made for students who are graduating from US high schools or transferring from other U.S. institutions?

Transfer students from a U.S. institution must have completed:

  • 24 credit hours at an accredited US institution WITH English Composition I and II with grades of C or better

Students who have attended a U.S. high school must have completed:

  • Four years in a U.S. high school with grades of C or better in all college preparatory English courses

High school or transfer students who do not meet these requirements must then sit for the English Placement Test (EPT) upon arrival on campus or submit the appropriate validated test scores.