The International Incentive Grants are supported by the Office of International Programs (OIP).
Grant applications for activities that are likely to have a significant impact on international education at Kansas State University will be favorably evaluated. It is expected that grant funds will be available on a continuing basis, with the majority of individual grants between the range of $1,000 to $3,000; joint proposals may have a higher limit.The total award amount for this round of grant proposals is $35,000 (an increase of $10,000 from past years).
Group applications should be submitted by one individual whom the group has identified as the “lead” for the grant application. This person will be responsible for determining the allocation of funding awarded for the program. Group grants are typically limited to a maximum of $4000.
Funding will NOT be approved for:
- Attendance at conferences not involving presentations or organizational responsibilities by the grant applicant
- Technology equipment
- The CIAC committee will not fund proposals for countries that are in the Department of State Travel Warning list (see link)
DEADLINES FOR APPLICATIONS:
Friday, February 13, 2015 by 5:00 pm
Friday, September 12, 2015 by 5:00 pm
OIP created an additional category* (Category C) in the Fall of 2014
Opportunities for proposals should fall into one or more of the following broad categories:
A. International Faculty Collaborations and Partnership Building Incentive Grant
- International research proposal development/teaching collaboration, including organizing international workshops and conferences, and planning visits to initiate collaborative research/teaching and/or institutional partnerships
- Incorporation of global perspectives/components into curriculum or campus program(s), including bringing international visitors/lectures to K-State
B. International Global Learning Opportunities Grant
- Development of global learning opportunities, including study abroad courses and/or internship programs with companies or partner universities overseas
- Short-term (2 to 3 weeks) co-teaching experiences with partner institutions in which a segment of a syllabus will be shared through technological means by both institutions.
- This grant award will be approximately $2,000.
Applicants must be employed full-time by the university, but are not required to be tenured faculty members. Visiting faculty members and students are not eligible for this support.
Applicants who have successfully received an International Incentive Grant may only submit a subsequent grant proposal once in any two year period
Proposals should be submitted to email@example.com by 5:00 pm
Proposals should not exceed five (5) pages.
All proposals need to be submitted in PDF format to be considered
The following information must be included and clearly identified in your proposal:
1) Title of proposed project
2) Full name of applicant
a) Email address of applicant
b) Position /department at university
3) Funding requested
4) Anticipated result or deliverable
5) Brief Proposal Narrative
a) Explain in detail how the proposed activity will promote internationalization of the university
b) Estimated timeline
c) Anticipated result or deliverable
6) Describe how any previous successful grants obtained by the applicant have promoted internationalization at KSU or previous institutions
7) Documentation showing approval of the proposal from the appropriate department head. (This can be in the form of an email or written note from the department head)
8) It is strongly recommended that applicants who have received prior International Incentive Grant funding at KSU clearly identify how their previous grant activities contributed to the internationalization of the institution
1) It is expected that funding will be sought from the department/college and other sources prior to submitting this proposal.
2) Identify the source, the funds requested, and the amount funded.
1) A complete budget, as described here, must be included with the proposal:
a) Travel costs
b) Accommodation costs
c) Supplies/books/equipment costs
d) Miscellaneous (please specify)
e) Total Anticipated Budget
f) Total dollar amount requested from the International Incentive Grant
Proposals must be submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org, along with all supporting documentation noted in the Guidelines, by the deadlines posted above in order to be considered.
Late applications will not be considered.
Following conclusion of the grant funded event or experience, the successful applicant is required to submit a short written report describing the grant activity and analyzing its success in the eyes of the grantee. This report should be submitted within four weeks after the conclusion of the funded event.
For questions about the International Incentive Grant Program, please contact the Office of International Programs at OIP@ksu.edu or 785-532-5498 or Dr. Marcellus Caldas (email@example.com) or his phone at 785-532-1244.
NOTE: Funding will NOT be approved for research data collection.