1. K-State home
  2. »Office of Institutional Equity
  3. »Discrimination, Harassment and Retaliation
  4. »File a Report

Office of Institutional Equity

How to initiate the evaluation process for a report

File a report

To start an evaluation or reporting process for any concern of discrimination, harassment, sexual harassment, sexual violence, stalking or retaliation, complete the paper or online form below or contact the Office of Institutional Equity.


Online Report Form

Complete the OIE reporting form online.


Printable Report Form (PDF)

Print and complete this form to initiate the process. Deliver or mail it to the Office of Institutional Equity.

In person

Office of Institutional Equity
103 Edwards Hall
1810 Kerr Drive


8 a.m. to Noon, 1 to 5 p.m. or by appointment

Confidential support

Counseling Services
Kansas State University
232 English/Counseling Services Building
1612 Steam Pl

Confidential support in cases of sexual violence

If you're not filing a report, but would like confidential support, contact:

Center for Advocacy, Response, and Education (CARE)
206 Holton Hall
1101 Mid-Campus Drive North


Reports are confidential and will not be disclosed to anyone who does not have a need to know - this requirement applies to complainants, respondents, witnesses, and any others involved with a complaint. The university cannot guarantee absolute confidentiality, although the university will protect the privacy of all parties to the extent possible – consistent with preventing future acts of discrimination, harassment or retaliation, providing a remedy to persons injured, and allowing respondents to reply to a report if it warrants an administrative review.

Report information may be disclosed to state or federal anti-discrimination agencies for investigations and during litigation. Where the university has knowledge of alleged behavior which, if true, may violate this policy, and the alleged complainant does not file a report, the university may conduct an administrative review if it has reason to believe a review is necessary to resolve a report of discrimination, harassment, or retaliation.

Third party reports

A third party report is one made by an individual who has spoken to the alleged complainant of discrimination, harassment or retaliation, and who may or may not have been present when the alleged conduct occurred. A report from a third party will require OIE to encourage the alleged complainant to come forward. If that individual refuses, OIE may have to review the allegations without the cooperation of the alleged complainant.

Meeting with OIE

If you just want to talk to someone concerning something that has happened, you may contact the OIE. The OIE staff will schedule an appointment with you. Walk-ins are welcome. Office hours are 8 a.m. to noon and 1 p.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday, but OIE staff will meet with you at other times or accept your call by prior agreement. If you call after-hours, please leave a message and an OIE staff member will contact you as soon as practicable. OIE staff will answer your questions, obtain information from other offices, explore options for resolving issues and explain complaint resolution process. All discussions will be confidential to the extent possible.

Support and assistance services

In certain cases, the university may also issue an interim order separating the parties by prohibiting contact, altering schedules, and/or restricting the time and nature of a respondent’s access to campus and activities. Such orders are issued based on information gathered during a report and are not intended to be permanent resolutions; therefore, they may be amended or withdrawn as additional information is gathered. Such orders are not appropriate in every case.

See the FAQs for more information.