Software Update Service
K-State's Software Update Service for Windows (KSUS) deploys the latest Microsoft product updates to computers running Windows Server 2003, Windows Vista, Windows XP with Service Pack 2, and Windows 2000 with Service Pack 4. This service is for K-State owned computers and those in the Residence Halls
Setup Automatic Windows Updates
- Verify computer meets these system requirements.
- Windows 2003 Server Standard or Enterprise
- Windows 2000 Service Pack 4 or higher
- Windows XP Pro or Home Service Pack 2
- Active internet connection
- 12:00 PM- Sets daily update time to 12:00 p.m.
- 3:00 PM- Sets daily update time to 3:00 p.m.
- 10:00 PM- Sets daily update time to 10:00 p.m
- 2:00 AM- Sets daily update time to 2:00 a.m.
- 5:00 AM- Sets daily update time to 5:00 a.m.
- Open Control Panel, double-click Automatic Updates
- Verify the time in "Automatically download and Install Updates" matches the setting installed. The other options will be grayed out.