Demonstration of Kansas Music Teacher Standards
Standard #9 The teacher of music advocates for the school music program in the community at large.
- The teacher understands cognitive, affective, and psychomotor aspects of the functions of music.
- The teacher is aware of the audience-performer-composer interaction.
- The teacher articulates a philosophy of music education.
- The teacher provides musical experiences that enhance students’ intellectual, personal, emotional, social, and career development.
- The teacher acknowledges the unique musical contributions of cultural diversity.
Insert a reflective essay describing your understanding of the content standard as a music teacher. Describe how you will make use of the content to plan future instruction. Reference specific evidence to support your reflection. Items you consider as evidence (artifacts) might be graded assignments or tests, journals, lesson plans, course notes, lesson reflections, observation notes of student response to instruction, etc. For each of the two or more artifacts, write a brief description of the artifact analyzing what you learned and how this artifact demonstrates your competence on the music teacheing standard. Then create a Hyperlink to the supporting document.
|©2008 Kansas State University Music Education Contact Us|