Demonstration of Kansas Music Teacher Standards
Kansas Music Standard #5: The teacher of music has skills in listening to, analyzing, and describing music.
- The teacher knows technical and symbolic vocabulary of music.
- The teacher understands the organization of sound in musical forms.
- The teacher understands the common elements of music and their interaction through aural and visual analysis.
- The teacher identifies, through visual and aural analysis, composers and music representing diverse styles, periods, cultures, genres, and techniques of musical organization.
- The teacher describes compositional devices and techniques.
- The teacher demonstrates effective strategies for developing students’ growth through a variety of active musical experiences.
Insert a reflective essay describing your understanding of the content standard as a music teacher. Describe how you will make use of the content to plan future instruction. Reference specific evidence to support your reflection. Items you consider as evidence (artifacts) might be graded assignments or tests, journals, lesson plans, course notes, lesson reflections, observation notes of student response to instruction, etc. For each of the two or more artifacts, write a brief description of the artifact analyzing what you learned and how this artifact demonstrates your competence on the music teacheing standard. Then create a Hyperlink to the supporting document.
|©2008 Kansas State University Music Education Contact Us|