Demonstration of Kansas Music Teacher Standards
Kansas Music Standard #2: The teacher of music has skills in improvising melodies, variations and accompaniments.
- The teacher understands how to perform written accompaniments on the music keyboard or chord instrument and how to transpose accompaniments to appropriate keys.
- The teacher improvises accompaniments that are stylistically appropriate.
- The teacher improvises original melodies in a variety of styles, over given harmonic progression each in a consistent style, meter, and tonality.
- The teacher uses resources to illustrate and teach improvisation.
- The teacher performs simple accompaniments appropriate for classroom use.
- The teacher transposes on musical instruments at sight.
Insert a reflective essay describing your understanding of the content standard as a music teacher. Describe how you will make use of the content to plan future instruction. Reference specific evidence to support your reflection. Items you consider as evidence (artifacts) might be graded assignments or tests, journals, lesson plans, course notes, lesson reflections, observation notes of student response to instruction, etc. For each of the two or more artifacts, write a brief description of the artifact analyzing what you learned and how this artifact demonstrates your competence on the music teacheing standard. Then create a Hyperlink to the supporting document.
|©2008 Kansas State University Music Education Contact Us|