Demonstration of Kansas Music Teacher Standards
Kansas Music Standard #8: The teacher of music has skills in establishing effective music-learning environments.
- The teacher understands appropriate administrative, financial, management, organizational, and operational aspects of an overall music program.
- The teacher understands planning and implementation skills for music classroom instruction and performance at all developmental levels.
- The teacher understands use and implementation of appropriate technology for the music classroom.
Teaching music is a big part of my job description, but there is so much more. Behind the scenes there are plenty of administrative task that need to be done so that your program can run smoothly and successfully. Before one can teach music there needs to be a plan, or an outline, he/she can pull from to keep the program moving forward. Some of the administrative tasks I mention are items like designing a curriculum, a calendar the displays all important dates of the year, and a handbook which complements the curriculum and calendar, and knowing how to budget. The below links are documents I have created the demonstrates my ability to organize and propel my music program.
- The teacher manages instructional time effectively through appropriately structured learning-activities, efficient transitions and pacing, balanced presentations of music education materials, and music for performance.
- The teacher develops strategies for a balance of auditioned and all-inclusive musical participation.
- The teacher incorporates technology in instruction.
- The teacher applies music assessment strategies that evaluate the program and ensure students’ continual improvement.
- The teacher operates and maintains musical instruments and equipment.
The performance enhancers mentioned are a great ways to create an environment fun, comeptive, and stimulated learning. Below you will find lesson plans I designed during my student teaching incorporates some of the enhancers. You will also find a link to Sony Music website that I use for my history class, which was a create internet resource the students could use to listen and read about during portion of our theory class.
Lesson Plan Novena
Lesson Plan Games
|©2008 Kansas State University Music Education • Contact Us|