Demonstration of Kansas Music Teacher Standards
Kansas Music Standard #1: The teacher of music has skills in teaching and evaluation techniques for vocal, instrumental, and general music.
- The teacher understands repertoire appropriate for various developmental stages.
- The teacher knows representative works of the past and present from the solo, small ensemble, and large ensemble literature.
- The teacher performs alone with musical understanding and technical proficiency sufficient to interpret representative works of the past and present.
- The teacher performs in small and large vocal ensembles or instrumental ensembles.
- The teacher demonstrates the ability to access musical and literary resources for vocal and/or instrumental music.
- The teacher develops instrumental pedagogy appropriate for various developmental stages.
- The teacher demonstrates singing effective for instructional purposes.
- The teacher demonstrates functional knowledge of various band and orchestra instruments.
The Teaching and Evaluating link shows the process I use when I begin teaching a new piece of music to my students. The following link is a clip of me playing orchestral excerpts, this is important for the fact that, the world of excerpts takes you to entirely different level of performance practices, it is meant to show my ability on various orchestral instruments.
|©2008 Kansas State University Music Education • Contact Us|