Demonstration of Kansas Music Teacher Standards
Standard #9 The teacher of music advocates for the school music program in the community at large.
- The teacher understands cognitive, affective, and psychomotor aspects of the functions of music.
- The teacher is aware of the audience-performer-composer interaction.
- The teacher articulates a philosophy of music education.
- The teacher provides musical experiences that enhance students’ intellectual, personal, emotional, social, and career development.
- The teacher acknowledges the unique musical contributions of cultural diversity.
Being an advocate of music programs as an educator ensures a successful future music program. To show support for the music program, I have included two artifacts which cover recruitment of students and management of budget. First, I have included a promotional newsletter and beginning band pamphlet. These two items help promote choirs and bands to 4th grade students considering music in 5th grade. My second artifact is a budget outline for a choral program. This budget plan shows an organized commitment to improvements to a choral room and necessary supplies.
|©2008 Kansas State University Music Education • Contact Us|